A-10 Flaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdmarsh

I just purchasesd Add-ons Volume 3 primarily for the A-10, which I hope to finish building some day. I'm using RealFlight Classic. The flaps are not functional on the A-10, although they are on other models, like the F-15 and P-38. :( According to the plane's description, flaps should work. Is this a flaw in my software, or do the flaps not work in the Classic version? Will they work in G2?

Thanks,
Paul

Paul Marsh

As Highflyer noted, the flaps are fully operational; they just don't display graphically. You can verify this by paying close attention to the plane's behavior, both with the flaps turned on and turned off.

This is definitely a bug, but unfortunately it's one that can't be fixed by our usual online updates.

Hi Highflyer and Ryan,

Thanks for your replys. I tried the A-10 again and can't perceive any difference in flight characteristics regardless of which position the flap switch is in. I tried the third switch just in case, but it had no effect either. The retracts switch works as it should. When I go to the "Servo Assignments" screen, the channel selection for Flaps is greyed-out.

It's not too big of a deal. I'm building an A-10 and wanted Add-ons 3 to get some idea of flight characteristics. I'll be upgrading to RealFlight G2 long before my plane is ready. A friend using G2 has no trouble with the A-10 flaps, so I suspect that will solve the problem.

Thanks again,
Paul

Paul Marsh

There is a setting off somewhere. I'm not at my RF computer now or I'd look for it. You need to find it 'cause the A10 flys differently with flaps.

A-10 flaps

There is a setting in Aircraft setup that you check to put flaps in. You might have to adjust the length and distance to wingtip measurments, but it will tell you if you have interference.
It definately makes the A/C fly differently but you won't see the actual flaps move.
I use my mouse to get variable amounts of flap. I still use the old controller and using the mouse with the Harrier gives me infinite control
Good luck with the A-10
hobiewan

Hi Hobbiewan,

Thanks for your reply. It took some looking, but I did find the setting that enables flaps. I got them working on the A-10.

Paul

Paul Marsh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back