A-10 Thunderbolt II (Warthog) Build Thread

I put a little Easter egg on the Warthog with the original release and to my knowledge nobody has noticed it. So I thought I'd take a screeny of it and post it since i have my computer rig up and running once again.

I was actually looking for an easter egg until I googled the term.

Anyway, give my regards to Chief Mapuda.

I was playing around with Keyshot and decided to try a render with the A-10. A little photoshop was still involved. Here is the new wallpaper.

Attachments

• A10.jpg
    A10.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 41
Yep. Now I wonder what other models are going to look like in RF-X. The A-10 looks great in 7.5 but the textures on a few of the new models look so much better. The Russian Thunder and the sbach are good examples of of what the new software is capable of. They look flat out spectacular. In my opinion It's like comparing one of those models from the free add-ons to the best looking model in 7.5. Perhaps and hopefully it's a easy fix.

Yeah guys like Boof69 will be able to do cool stuff in RF-X. But for me, without the great art skills, my planes really won't change much. Unless Boof69 does the CS for them that is! I do really like the better lighting and shadows in RF-X.

Yeah guys like Boof69 will be able to do cool stuff in RF-X. But for me, without the great art skills, my planes really won't change much. Unless Boof69 does the CS for them that is! I do really like the better lighting and shadows in RF-X.

I think that I read that you can do something with the textures in Max and that may change the way it looks. I'm sure there will be a lot to learn, but people will be able to build better models and it should get more people involved. I did the Box Trainer a couple years ago but that is as far as I got. I will have to do it again. My Max 2012 has long expired but I'll probably sign up for the latest version of Max again and I do have a creative cloud subscription for Lightroom CC that I use for my drone photography which also comes with Photoshop CC which I could probably use for colorschemes that I've never used for very much but there are tutorials that come with it.

I think that I read that you can do something with the textures in Max and that may change the way it looks. I'm sure there will be a lot to learn, but people will be able to build better models and it should get more people involved. I did the Box Trainer a couple years ago but that is as far as I got. I will have to do it again. My Max 2012 has long expired but I'll probably sign up for the latest version of Max again and I do have a creative cloud subscription for Lightroom CC that I use for my drone photography which also comes with Photoshop CC which I could probably use for colorschemes that I've never used for very much but there are tutorials that come with it.

Interesting info, thanks. I hope they add some fields that aren't so desert. Some green fields with forest areas would be nice.

Back