A-10 Thunderbolt II (Warthog) Build Thread

RPM Range on the engines should be 20,000 to 50,000 for the sound file to work as designed. I don't know if you have it set as high as it is on purpose or if its the default settings but a simple adjustment allows the engines to idle quietly at a standstill.

Warthog hoodoo

Woohoo - the Warthog hoodoo is finally broken!

Thanks for an awesome model.

Obviously a favourite of many.:D

Thank you !

Well it was well worth the wait ! you did a excellent job Boof.it sure flys real nice also love your attention to detail which always shines through with all of your EA's :)

Last edited:
RPM Range on the engines should be 20,000 to 50,000 for the sound file to work as designed. I don't know if you have it set as high as it is on purpose or if its the default settings but a simple adjustment allows the engines to idle quietly at a standstill.

I wish you would have taken the 2nd EA I offered during the multi session. I dig the way it sounds now. I'll try it at your suggested rpm range though. Glad you like it?:confused:

I wish you would have taken the 2nd EA I offered during the multi session. I dig the way it sounds now. I'll try it at your suggested rpm range though. Glad you like it?:confused:

If you like it, then leave it as is. I didn't know if it was a mistake or not is all I was wondering. The range I mentioned is the set range of the sound files. You can go higher if you want.

I do like the model though. Very smooth and I like having to land with decelerons open and having to stay on throttle to keep it in the air. It sounds like the real thing on landings.

Last edited:
Thanks man. I do like the way it sounds. It should land just fine without the use of the decelerons.

Thanks man. I do like the way it sounds. It should land just fine without the use of the decelerons.

Not as fun though. :) I use throttle to adjust sink rate on landings that way on my final approach.

Last edited:
Thanks Boof!

@csgill75 Have to agree with you, the current RPM settings do not really match the .OGG.
Lowering the RPM values or changing the OGG file to match the current RPM values helps. (at least on my sound setup)

Trying to mod the sound a bit, I like to hear the fans more.

Preview:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOTMNnimY4g

(real-life full scale example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17h04ag1YHg)

I know the sound your trying to replicate, I have just that Fan sound as a wav file that i may add as "helper" sound file that i could attach to a single thruster and tie it in to the throttle so it is only heard at the higher throttle settings. I didn't want that fan sound to be over powering on this engine sound profile. I may work on that this weekend and post a AV with the added fan sound.

I may work on that this weekend and post a AV with the added fan sound.

Nice, hope it works out OK. For now I just mixed some sounds, so only at max RPM the fan sound is heard.
The preview I posted above shows the current results. The sounds work well on my sound setup.

Last edited:
One thing that prevented me from adding that sound to the original is the way the Doppler effect is handled in RF. when the plane is coming at you it sounds great with the fan sound however after it fly's by it sounds more like a NASCAR car going by which kinda ruins it for me at least. If we could edit the sound files in such a way that the coming and going sounds are 2 different sets of sound files, then after it passes by the fan noise could be drowned out by the jet blast sound. That's why i chose to have it in the sound set but at a lower volume so we don't get the race car sound as it leaves the area.

I just downloaded the model, and I have to say 'GREAT JOB!'. It is the best A-10 for RealFlight! It's way better than the stock models. The details are out of this world! The spinning gun, the shock absorbing landing gear, the sound! All dead on perfect!

Thanks so much for making this model, I'm a big A-10 fan, and out of all the simulators and models I've used this one is the best!

Thanks for a Fantastic A-10 !
I have been hoping for a nice A-10 to arrive... and this one goes well beyond my expectations..
Beautiful, Super Details, and Fly's Great !
And also Thanks to csgill for the sound generator!
Thanks for all your hard work!

Last edited:
I put a little Easter egg on the Warthog with the original release and to my knowledge nobody has noticed it. So I thought I'd take a screeny of it and post it since i have my computer rig up and running once again.

Attachments

• ScreenShot1404178057.jpg
    ScreenShot1404178057.jpg
    314.1 KB · Views: 52
Congrats on having a working computer again Boof!

"Lt. Col"? Must have missed hearing about that promotion! :)

Last edited:
Back