"A" button on DXS

DJT

Try as I can, i cannot get the A button on the back of my DXS controller to reset the sim, i had it working at one time but now, nothing. Forced to hit the space bar instead. What am i missing?
Also, the B selector will not give me all 3 modes, i can get "advanced" or beginner, no intermediate!

Since you have a DXS, I believe you're running wirelessly to a USB dongle such as a Spektrum WS2000. If that's true, then the reset function isn't mapped to any radio channels by default, as the dongle is limited to eight channels in total. With a little work you could set it up to function as a reset button, although you'll give up whatever the button might otherwise do (Panic mode on the few aircraft that have it, or also Thrust Reverse on a couple of others.)

To set it up, go into the Controller Profile and edit it. Scroll way down, past the usual RF channels, and the last section of the list is for "User Interface" settings. You can change "Reset" to one of the channels coming from the transmitter. Click the blue bar for Reset, and then press the button as directed to assign the button's radio channel to the Reset function.

As for the Switch B issue, you probably need to recalibrate your controller. When the calibration tells you to center the controls before you begin, that also includes three-position switches. Put the switch into the center position just like you would center the sticks, and flip it back and forth during the calibration.

Yes, that works for the "A" button!
I did do the calibration on the"B" switch issue, and confirmed the operation was active on the sim, but there is still no noticable difference between the beginner and intermediate modes.

Which aircraft are you flying?

If it's truly calling the flight modes (shown in the flight mode widget) "Beginner", "Intermediate", and "Experienced", then these are the key features:
- Beginner: SAFE self-level, bank angle limits, throttle-to-pitch mix, AS3X
- Intermediate: bank angle limits (a bit wider than Beginner), AS3X
- Experienced: AS3X only (you can roll over, do loops, etc.)

Many of the HH aircraft have SAFE Select, which acts like only two modes - "SAFE Select" and "AS3X". SAFE Select is similar to Beginner, but with wider bank limits like Intermediate, and of course AS3X is Experienced.

Im flying the HH Apprentice 1.5,
The advanced / full control function is fine, but the only difference if any between beginner and intermediate is on intermed the plane will auto level and then do a quick pop up in elevation when the sticks are released. Same turning radius and banking as beginner.

Back