A Guide to Downloading and Importing swap files

OMG this flys better than anything I have ever flown!! JUST LIKE MY GOBLIN 700< I cant believe how it handles so realistic! Boof, GREAT JOB!! KUDOS MY FRIEND!!

I mean it, it is better thank any other bird I have flown on te si,. it is so real amd the reactions are spot on!! I will become a better pilot with this, thats for sure, the others were OK but not this good!

I still can't make this work. In spite of all tips the import crashes after having written a dds file with size 16.777.344 bytes. Happens with the Goblin as well as with the TRex 700 nitro. I have a 32-bit Windows XP. Anyone with a 32 bit OS who managed to import the Goblin?

I still can't make this work. In spite of all tips the import crashes after having written a dds file with size 16.777.344 bytes. Happens with the Goblin as well as with the TRex 700 nitro. I have a 32-bit Windows XP. Anyone with a 32 bit OS who managed to import the Goblin?
1350 people managed to import the Goblin. Maybe your computer is not strong enough to create the dds files at their current size.

It works in my Win7 32 bit. You could reduce the .tga files to 2,048 x 2,048.

WHOW! That worked. Wonderful :)
Thank you very much.
The model is outstanding. The blades on its own are stunning.

Now the question is: What means "strong enough"? I have an Intel E8400 Dual Core with 3 Ghz, 4 GB RAM (XP uses only 3), and an AMD Radeon HD6670 graphics card with 1 GB RAM.

Well it seams your computer is strong enough for smaller images but if the tips didn't work for the larger images then your computer must not be "strong enough".

Ok. I found another solution for Photoshop users:

A dds file a known file, see http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/bb943990%28v=vs.85%29.aspx and there exists a photoshop plugin for dds files:
http://developer.nvidia.com/content/nvidia-texture-tools-adobe-photoshop.

To convert the tga files to dds you first load the tga in Photoshop. Then save it as dds file. An options dialog opens. Choose DXT5 in the first combo box and leave all other options. It takes some time, but finally a dds file will be created. The name of the dds file must be identical to the tga file, except the file extension of course. Voilà, RF loads the model.

question i have upgraded my g5.5 to a rf6 how do i get all the custom aircraft that i have domnloaded on g5.5 to my rf6 or do i have to download all of them to rf 6 from the download pages on knifedge also thanks for all of the wonderfull aircraft on the downloades

How does one find a specific engine(s), namely a Syssa 30cc and an OS 55AX, on any of the swap pages. I look in RF6+ "Parts Only" only thread to no avail.

I keep coming up with "0" results? What the heck am I doing wrong???

You help is greatly appreciated in advance.

Thanks so much,

DOn

You're looking in the wrong place. Look in sim, in the aircraft editor. (Alt A E will get you there). Turn on advanced view, and go to the Fuselage section. You'll see Torque Generator. Look there, click on the 3 dots. If it's not there, copy one, and edit your own.

Once you import the zip file, where does the imported information reside on your XP computer? If I wanted to delete and imported file what is the proper way? Can I delete it from the directory or is there a remove function within Realflight?

Last edited:
Back