A Guide to Downloading and Importing swap files

I keep getting a green message at the bottom of the RF8 scene that reads "import cancelled name of plane" has anyone encountered this? I'm trying to load some new models on RF8. I'm new to this swapping. any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Are you trying to load an AV (aircraft variant),??? if so, it won`t load until you`ve downloaded the EA (entire aircraft) that the AV is based on....look at the AV file,.. there will be a link to the EA, download that first.. AND THEN.. download the AV...after that,..you should be able to import it into RF...

Are you trying to load an AV (aircraft variant),??? if so, it won`t load until you`ve downloaded the EA (entire aircraft) that the AV is based on....look at the AV file,.. there will be a link to the EA, download that first.. AND THEN.. download the AV...after that,..you should be able to import it into RF...

I made sure that if there was a variant required that I was downloading and attempting to install it first. There was no file that would install at all. No matter what file I tried to import I got the same message in green at the lower-left corner of RF that said "import canceled (name of the plane)"

Helifreak both models are EA files (entire Aircraft) and should import okay.
I just downloaded Sab Goblin 770 and it imports and fly's good.

Click on "Simulation" tab in top left corner of Realflight screen, in the dropdown list select "Import" tab and then select "Realflight Archive (RFX, G3X,... now browse to the location/folder where you downloaded the file, select the file and click "Open" to start the import process.
If the import is successful you will see a green text message in the lower left corner, click on that message and it will load the model.
Using a photofield airport will make the import process a little faster (generating the DDS).

Using a photofield airport will make the import process a little faster (generating the DDS).
This is an interesting comment. Earlier in the week my Dad had a bit of difficulty selecting a newly imported aircraft without getting a DXTEXTURE.cpp error message and crash; I'm now wondering if that error might depend on whether the import was over a photo-field airport/ or not.
I would have thought that the import would have nothing to do with any airport, hence the comment about faster generation of the DDS using a photo-field airport intrigues me.

marcus

If the TGA file is large ( more detail) ...most are nowadays, then on a low powered PC (not everybody has a gaming rig) the DDS creation takes a lot longer to generate, photofields use less resources than 3d fields., but if you have a high powered PC then you can ignore this tip.

i just got mine a few weeks ago, the version is 7.5 and just found out today that there was mod like downloads for my simulator.

also off topic but do any of you use rf as a game or a simulator.

If the TGA file is large ( more detail) ...most are nowadays, then on a low powered PC (not everybody has a gaming rig) the DDS creation takes a lot longer to generate, photofields use less resources than 3d fields., but if you have a high powered PC then you can ignore this tip.
yeah, i use a low grafics laptop

Back