A6M Large Electric Foam

BrokeDad

This is something I've been tinkering with. Technoid has provided some good feedback. It's at the point I thought I'd put it out there for others to take a try with and comment on. I may just abandon it and delete this thread but have always thought about a huge foam electric. Maybe somebody would like to keep it and put a nitro or gas motor back on.

The guns are aimed so they pretty much line up with the cross hair display in the cockpit. Guns are on Ch 8 and the canopy is on Ch 5.

The ESC gives it a nice soft start with a slow RPM ramp up.

Attachments

• A6M Zero LG Electric Foam_AV.RFX
    46 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
ChThis is something I've been tinkering with. Technoid has provided some good feedback. It's at the point I thought I'd put it out there for others to take a try with and comment on. I may just abandon it and delete this thread but have always thought about a huge foam electric. Maybe somebody would like to keep it and put a nitro or gas motor back on.

The guns are aimed so they pretty much line up with the cross hair display in the cockpit. Guns are on Ch 8 and the canopy is on Ch 5.

The ESC gives it a nice soft start with a slow RPM ramp up.

I like it ! ...the A6M Foam Electric Zero fly's great. The only modification I made was for the main gear brakes, wheels would stick to runway after braking and hard to break loose, so I added a brakes servo on channel 9 with a complex input to achieve 0% brakes at neutral elevator.

I did reduce the braking percentage to 15 as at 25 it was possible to nose it over. I'd be interested in seeing your modification. Glad you like it and hope others do too. I'm assuming it was sticking in RF-X.

I did reduce the braking percentage to 15 as at 25 it was possible to nose it over. I'd be interested in seeing your modification. Glad you like it and hope others do too. I'm assuming it was sticking in RF-X.
I reduced brake percentage to 20 and moved CG from 11.36 to 10.36
Brakes mod AV

Attachments

• A6M Zero LG Electric Foam brakes mod_AV.RFX
    45.9 KB · Views: 7
Back