Add Ons 1-5 and RealFlight G4

jeffpn said:
I really don't think it's up to KnifeEdge whether they tell us or not. I'm thinking that's up to Great Planes. That's who you bought the software from. KnifeEdge developed it.

True, but ... KnifeEdge is usually on top of the "announcements". I read about G4 here weeks before anyone else announced it. Maybe the software developers are more proud of their accomplishments then the company they support?

My point is that KE is probably only allowed to make statements authorized by GP. Putting a date on the compatability could burn them, if it's not ready by then. I've followed these forums long enough to know that whiners would come out of the woodwork if the update wasn't available the very second it was promised. Just be patient, I have alot of faith in KE. We've already been told an announcement is coming soon. That's good enough for me.

Blade Scraper said:
Hey come on guys calm down, no fighting in the war room!
But honestly just keep it clean here. :)

Hey Blade Scraper,

I decided to remove my response. I didn't want to give satisfaction to individuals who seem to crave conflict.

Thanks,

Terry

sounds good to me have plenty of planes to fly for now it will be nice to use the add ons when it happens im sure it will soon at least they are working on it they could of said too bad and went on

you could always design your own if your really wanting something diferent

Hi ALL

I'm really pleased to know that work is being done to develope compatibility between G4 and the Add-Ons discs. I have nejoyed several versions of Real Flight, thinking it was the "best on the street"..... being able to use the Add-Ons discs would be great !

Andre said:
it's time to make them a free addon !
because you don't have them already? you have to remember that working with programming takes time. they'll get it working, but they're probably focusing on bigger problems than the use of addons.

pplace said:
I myself hope they are spending as much or more time on an Exp Pack 5!

I'm looking for a physics update.

... There were the issues raised by some of the updates ( where's my P-factor and YAW? ), ground handling, heli pitch up, etc.

Much as I look forward to an add-on's fix and another expansion pack, for me physics, physics, physics first!

add-ons vs physics

opjose said:
I'm looking for a physics update.
Much as I look forward to an add-on's fix and another expansion pack, for me physics, physics, physics first!
Well, just remember that until they get the add-ons compatibility issue fixed, some of us aren't buying G4, which limits the population of your physics/physics/physics lobbying squad. :D

rjmanzuk said:
Well, just remember that until they get the add-ons compatibility issue fixed, some of us aren't buying G4, which limits the population of your physics/physics/physics lobbying squad. :D

But then we'll just have more people involved! ... :D

Oh, wait, that's the point! :eek:

I have doubts as to how many people are holding out on G4 ONLY for Addon (non)compatability.

Hmmm the LHS tried to tell me the xpacs would work with G4. Good thing I learned along time ago not to trust sales people at any kinda small hobby type shop and to research on the web first. To his defence he prolly just didn't know any better I dont think he was lying to try and make the sale. I already bought G4 im just waiting to buy the xpacs till they will work with it. Any plans on making some new G4 xpacs?

Last edited:
Expansion packs DO work with G4. Presently, Addons do not. There is a difference. Your salesperson was not lying to you.

jeffpn said:
Expansion packs DO work with G4. Presently, Addons do not. There is a difference. Your salesperson was not lying to you.

Ahh didnt even realise there was a difference. It looks like "addons" is just the older set of "expansion packs". Unfortunatly I am looking for an Edge 540 and it looks like the only one is in one of the addon sets :( Thanks for clearing up the difference for me though.

Back