Add Ons 1-5 and RealFlight G4

ADD ONS, 1 to 5

Hi Guys, I'm possibly being really dim here!! recently I had to un-install RF 4.5 and re-install, (heat issue on PSU).
Because of the un-install I of course lost the add ons, since then I'm competely unable to put them back into RF. I've downloaded them from KE into "MY DOCUMENTS" but cannot get them into RF. I'm following the instructions on the page in KE but zilch happens.
Altho' I successfully got them into RF a year or so ago I cannot remember if I did something different, so would one of you computer wizz's out there do me a BIG BIG favour and post a STEP BY STEP of the exact procedure that I can compare with what I'm doing (or not doing).
Any help will get a massive thanks from me.
Keith

1.Locate the file on your disk.

2.Unzip the file. If you have Windows XP or Vista, you can just double-click it.

3.Extract the .zip file's contents to "C:\Program Files\RealFlightG4\Data" or "C:\Program Files\RealFlightG5\Data" (assuming you installed in the default location).
Now run RealFlight G4, G4.5 or G5 and the Add-Ons content will be available in the aircraft and airport selection dialogs.

Enjoy!

ADD ONS, 1 to 5

Hi Jeff, thanks for reply, I have of course seen those instructions on the add ons page and followed them to the letter but they will not appear in RF.
This is why I'm totally at a loss, the one thing I'm unsure of is the bit that says,
(assuming you installed in the default location). where is the default location ?
Keith.

Usually guys that have problems installing the add ons have not followed the instructions correctly or have improvised a step or two (well documented in these forums)
To help the virtual community help you best, state more specific facts about your gear.
Which version of windows do you have?
32-bit or 64-bit? (the program files directory is different for each.)
That should be plenty of clues to help you along.
Good Luck.

The steps I posted for you are the step by step instructions that you asked for. If you can't get your AddOns to show, it's because you are placing the extracted files in the wrong directory. That's the only reason I've ever seen causing the AddOns not to show up. There is no other way for anyone to tell you how to properly do it. Post a screenshot showing the folder that you put the files in.

The add-ons 1 to 5 that I can download for free (I have RF g4.5) from RF website are the Expansion pack 1 to 5?
Thanks!

Lost it

Hi,

I had to reload all my programs due to a problem. It has been so long since I have done a download from the swap pages, I simply forget how I get it into my plane library, the default lib.
Thanks for any help, or where to look
\Fred :confused:

Last edited:
Thanks Jeffpn

1.Locate the file on your disk.

2.Unzip the file. If you have Windows XP or Vista, you can just double-click it.

3.Extract the .zip file's contents to "C:\Program Files\RealFlightG4\Data" or "C:\Program Files\RealFlightG5\Data" (assuming you installed in the default location).
Now run RealFlight G4, G4.5 or G5 and the Add-Ons content will be available in the aircraft and airport selection dialogs.

Enjoy!

I installed add-ons 1&2 and couldn't find the planes either, so thank you for this post. Worked great for windows 8! ;) Add-on's 3, 4, 5 installed normally.

Last edited:
Bell H-13 from RealFlight G4

This may demonstrate my lack of understanding on how RF works ... but here goes.
I would like to have the Bell H13.EA. I have searched for copies of G4 to buy - have not yet found one. I can find gobs of RF7 Updates for G4. There are some really cool Bell H-13 AVs on the swap pages. But, since I don't have the EA - Can't fly them.

Can / would anyone be willing to send me the Bell H-13 EA pr perhaps post it to the swap pages?

many thanks,
Jim

Knife Edge is no longer licensed to include this Heli in any of its software after G4.5. A new model by one of the model creators here would have to create a new model.

Back