Adding Brakes to RF6.5 Aircraft

Brent Oar

I would like to add brakes to a swap files aircraft and I have no experience with the aircraft editor. I have RF6.5 and the aircraft is B58A Hustler locustH150. Is this a fairly easy thing to do? I am very computer literate. Do I need to ask the author if it is ok to modify? I am only doing this for myself and will not be uploading it. The aircraft is awesome but uses way too much runway on landing. Thank you in advance for any advice on how to do this. I really have no idea where to start on this project.

Last edited:
Yes, it can be done without the Authors permission. You may want to check if there`s an AV that already has breaks

It has brakes. Push the elevator up to activate. Like the real aircraft this model really should have a parachute to help stop however RealFlight doesn't allow for this. You can easily adjust the brake strength in the editor by finding the wheel under the main gear. You can also change the switch that activates it. Note that the brakes at 100% can't keep this AV stopped when at full power. The wheels will slide since the model has replicated 4 150lb. thrust turbines.

Last edited:
Back