Adding new Planes

If you have Real Flight Basic, then you cannot add any new planes. That feature is only available in G3.5 and up.

phrank said:
BASIC does not have the ability to add new aircraft.

If I remember correctly all the RF and I think RR lets one add new ones so that one can practice and not crash plus even change parts. This is what it is all about and I did read what I thought was everything on the box and it did not say one can not add planes.

The no add idea makes the program a flight simulator game and the box makes one think it is a RF program with just the bisics. adding planes is what RF is all about so such is a basic thing.

anyhow they must know they have done us wrong for they will not answer my email... when I bought it the guy kept saying no returns and I should have taken that as a hint.

thanks for confurming what I did not want to hear but hopefuly some kid will come up with a way to add planes.

Mac from the old folks home.

Mac4TBH,

What happened to your copy of G3.5?

I remembered you asking this question before so I looked over your post history and saw that you had G3.5 before Basic.

Why did you (basically) downgrade?

You could have bought the upgrade to G5 for the same cost as the basic version and had the full program.

Upgrade: http://www.towerhobbies.com/products/realflight/gpmz4448.html

Basic: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXXSG5&P=ML

Actually the upgrade is $20.00 cheaper.

Being that you joined this forum back in 2003, I would think that you would know the difference in the programs.

Oh well, live and learn.

Last edited:
Mac4TBH said:
If I remember correctly all the RF and I think RR lets one add new ones so that one can practice and not crash plus even change parts. This is what it is all about and I did read what I thought was everything on the box and it did not say one can not add planes.

The no add idea makes the program a flight simulator game and the box makes one think it is a RF program with just the bisics. adding planes is what RF is all about so such is a basic thing.
Hmm, RF is not about adding planes. RF is about learning/practicing RC flying without trashing real-world models. Adding/changing planes is a "bonus" feature that was standard on the earlier, more expensive versions of RF.

KE has released the Basic version at a discounted price, and as the name suggests it is "Basic" in that it leaves off the ability to add new planes, ability to modify existing planes, provides a "cut-down" transmitter, fewer models, and far fewer airfields.

It is aimed at a total newbie to RC, who might balk at spending the $$$ for G5 when he's not even sure if he can learn to fly RC. It provides a much more affordable training tool for those who are not committed to the hobby yet, and will serve the exact same purpose as G5 as far as learning orientation, reflexes, muscle memory, etc.

What it will NOT do is allow you to fly any other plane than those that come with it, or modify any included plane to more accurately represent your own plane. Hence the term "Basic" in the name. It is a beginner's learning tool at an affordable price. For the more advanced features you gotta pay more.

It always pays to do research before making a purchase. With the Internet (which you obviously have access to...) there's no excuse for not doing that research...

anyhow they must know they have done us wrong for they will not answer my email... when I bought it the guy kept saying no returns and I should have taken that as a hint.
The only response they could give is to send the link that phrank posted, and to suggest that you upgrade to G5 to get the features you want. What else can they do? It's not KE's fault you didn't do your homework, are you expecting they'll give you G5 for free to apologize for "doing you wrong?" :confused: :eek: I mean hey, if I bought a base-model Chevy with no options would I have a right to complain to Chevrolet because it was missing the power windows, ABS, supercharger, satellite radio, navigation system and 18" rims? I don't think so...

As far as the guy telling you "no returns" well that's NOT a hint. That's pretty much a "given" on software purchases. At most places that sell software, if the seal on a software package is broken there is NO refund, only an exchange for the exact same item.

thanks for confurming what I did not want to hear but hopefuly some kid will come up with a way to add planes.
Don't hold your breath waiting. As far as I know, the code to import planes doesn't exist in Basic, the code to modify existing planes doesn't exist in Basic. Your hypothetical kid would have to write that code from scratch and somehow incorporate it into the program without breaking anything.

I won't even go into the in-depth knowledge of RF's internal workings he'd have to learn to even begin thinking about such a task. Suffice to say it is a 99.9999% chance it will never happen. If you already fly RC and you want new planes, or if you want to modify planes, lay out the $$$ for G5. It would be money well-spent :)

DH

DirtyHarry3033 said:
Suffice to say it is a 99.9999% chance it will never happen.
I bet it 's 100%. Bottom line, like you said DH, do your homework before you buy.

jeffpn said:
I bet it 's 100%. Bottom line, like you said DH, do your homework before you buy.

ROLF :D I always believe in leaving that 0.0001% chance open, because hey NOTHING is impossible.

For all I know, I may go to bed tonight, and fall right thru the center of the earth while I sleep, waking up in China tomorrow - after all both the earth and I are made up of 99.9% empty space separating the atoms. Who's to say the atoms couldn't slip past each other?

I figure it's about as likely that the OP will get his wish ;)

DH

DirtyHarry3033 said:
ROLF :D I always believe in leaving that 0.0001% chance open, because hey NOTHING is impossible.

Who's to say the atoms couldn't slip past each other?

If electromagnetic forces were weaker on a quantum level or even as weak as gravity, that's exactly what would happen!

It's amazing to think that what we are, and everything we know, consists mostly of empty space... a bit mind boggling once you have a clearer mental picture of the relative scales involved.

e.g. a nucleus being the size of a basketball, means that the electron a size of a marble, in it's lowest rest state, is a football field away....

What further has makes my head spin is that on a sub-sub-atomic level, the elementary particles are winking out of existing and re-appearing in a different position many many times a second! Where do they go??????!!!! What makes them come back!?!? Why do they do this in pairs?

Back