Aerobat

I finished the schematic today and will do all the pivot points next so I can do a build and work on the physics. This time I need to do the physics first in case I need to move anything around before I do the mapping. I may do a quick temporary mapping so I can have some color on it while I do the physics.

Okay, I know what happened to all the posts on the forum today. Everyone fell off the edge of the earth while they were driving. The other day I saw a car with flat earther information painted all over it. I think that was a pre-cursor for todays lack of posts. You were nearing the edge and fell off. :)

Okay, I know what happened to all the posts on the forum today. Everyone fell off the edge of the earth while they were driving. The other day I saw a car with flat earther information painted all over it. I think that was a pre-cursor for todays lack of posts. You were nearing the edge and fell off. :)
Well, as for me, on Mon. I discovered I hadn`t been logged in for a couple days, for some odd reason.... :unsure: :unsure:

I did a test to see what a wheel pant would look like with the tire area cutout. Of course in real life that big hole would catch lots of air, but in realflight it wouldn't make any difference. I don't know what to think.

Here's two shots to check out. One nice and one plain screenshot. Comments?

Aerobat 25.jpgAerobat 26.jpg

Last edited:
It’s an interesting idea. What about just having the wheel pant come off the back of the tire though? I think having it wrap around the tire might be a bit much.

It’s an interesting idea. What about just having the wheel pant come off the back of the tire though? I think having it wrap around the tire might be a bit much.
Actually, that's the first thing I did I used to see some foamy planes like that. But what I did didn't look good so I tried that for the second pass. But I've been thinking about giving the "only in the back" another try.

Back