Aerobat

I reworked the fuselage side stripe. The original stripe was patterned after my example plane but it was a low wing so the stripe was above the wing, but keeping it the same for a mid-wing didn't look right to me. There was this angled stripe going up but you could only see the end of it protruding above the wing and you only seen a little of it. So I reworked the front of the side stripe and did two things. One I made it wrap around the bottom of the fuselage and two I removed the angle stripe that stuck up through the wing but only showed a small spike sticking above the wing. Here's two pictures so you can see what I mean.

Aerobat 63.jpgAerobat 64.jpg

I reworked the fuselage side stripe. The original stripe was patterned after my example plane but it was a low wing so the stripe was above the wing, but keeping it the same for a mid-wing didn't look right to me. There was this angled stripe going up but you could only see the end of it protruding above the wing and you only seen a little of it. So I reworked the front of the side stripe and did two things. One I made it wrap around the bottom of the fuselage and two I removed the angle stripe that stuck up through the wing but only showed a small spike sticking above the wing. Here's two pictures so you can see what I mean.

View attachment 134439View attachment 134440
I was looking at the star.....To me, it looks a little low, so I did a quick change just to give you an idea/option to try out, of coarse you could change it up a little, (I`m thinking move it forward just a tad.. ??). It ain`t perfect, but you get the idea.... ;) :)

Attachments

• STAR ...2.PNG
    STAR ...2.PNG
    35.1 KB · Views: 2
I was looking at the star.....To me, it looks a little low, so I did a quick change just to give you an idea/option to try out, of coarse you could change it up a little, (I`m thinking move it forward just a tad.. ??). It ain`t perfect, but you get the idea.... ;) :)
I'm not quite sure what you mean. Are you looking at the two pictures in my latest post? Here's the original star from the reference plane.

Original Side Star.jpg

Do you like the changes I made to the side stripe? (discounting you said the star was a little low)

Also, you think the star is too far back towards the end of the fuselage? How much would you move it forward? Or did you mean move it a little forward to move it "up" since the stripe is at an angle?

I'm not quite sure what you mean. Are you looking at the two pictures in my latest post? Here's the original star from the reference plane.

View attachment 134442
Do you like the changes I made to the side stripe? (discounting you said the star was a little low)

Also, you think the star is too far back towards the end of the fuselage? How much would you move it forward? Or did you mean move it a little forward to move it "up" since the stripe is at an angle?
Yes, I do like the fact that you eliminated the part coming from below the wing to over the top. If you look closer at what I did, you`ll notice/see that I moved the star "UP", just to center it a little more (top to bottom) on the side of the fuse, here`s a better pic. of what I mean. I`ll take back the part about moving it forward, I`m just trying to give you a different option for the placement up and down. It`s just a quick free select/cut/move/paste bla bla bla to give you an idea/option.

Attachments

• STAR 8.PNG
    STAR 8.PNG
    107.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Yes, I do like the fact that you eliminated the part coming from below the wing to over the top. If you look closer at what I did, you`ll notice/see that I moved the star "UP", just to center it a little more (top to bottom) on the side of the fuse, here`s a better pic. of what I mean. I`ll take back the part about moving it forward, I`m just trying to give you a different option for the placement up and down.
Thanks for the clarification. I was looking at your first picture again (before I saw your new post) and realized you were centering the star on the blue stripe to move it up for a more centered look on the side of the fuselage. But I was following the original cs which puts the star below the blue stripe, which pushes it down past the center of the fuselage. I'll think about what you said but then the side star wouldn't match the placement of all the other stars, which are at the bottom of the blue stripe, not centered on it.

Thanks for the clarification. I was looking at your first picture again (before I saw your new post) and realized you were centering the star on the blue stripe to move it up for a more centered look on the side of the fuselage. But I was following the original cs which puts the star below the blue stripe, which pushes it down past the center of the fuselage. I'll think about what you said but then the side star wouldn't match the placement of all the other stars, which are at the bottom of the blue stripe, not centered on it.
Yeah, I get/see what you`re talking about, and didn`t take that into consideration, but a CS can literally be what ever you make it, and who`s to judge it, as far as anyone knows, it was intentional to miss match them. Like I said, I was just tossing the idea out there for ya. :)

Well, nothing constant about me but the changes. I decided to try a dark blue scheme instead of red and I think it looks better. I also dressed it up a litle more. Here's a beta for those that would like to try it out.

For the curious the entire plane is covered with the same dark blue as the stripes but the opacity is set to 10% so it's barely there. And notice the motor is the same dark blue. And for @uncle twist the star is centered vertically.

Aerobat Balsa 04.jpg

Attachments

• Aerobat Balsa_CS.RFX
    5.9 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:
I went back and reworked the side stripe to see if I could move the star up without changing the stripe's design (star below stripe). So I raised the front curve of the stripe 8 steps which rounded off the stripe going up a tiny bit but allowed me to raise the star 3 steps, which isn't a lot but noticeable when you look close. It's hard to see in a picture of the side of the fuselage so I'll just let you know the side star moved up 3 steps. I like the design (star below stripe) so that's the best I can do. But as the say, every little bit helps.

Here's a new version of the balsa color scheme, but I don't think like it. And now I remember why I didn't do it the first time. I started out doing it but it seemed too busy looking so I abandoned it. Anyway, if someone wants it I'll upload a beta for you, but I don't think I'll use it. The last beta I uploaded looked pretty good to me, but this one is so busy I don't care for it. But who knows maybe it will grow on me.

Aerobat Balsa 05.jpg

Here's a new version of the balsa color scheme, but I don't think like it. And now I remember why I didn't do it the first time. I started out doing it but it seemed too busy looking so I abandoned it. Anyway, if someone wants it I'll upload a beta for you, but I don't think I'll use it. The last beta I uploaded looked pretty good to me, but this one is so busy I don't care for it. But who knows maybe it will grow on me.

View attachment 134506
What if you add a small stripe on the leading edge to go along with it?

What if you add a small stripe on the leading edge to go along with it?
To me the fact that all those stripes are on top of all those ribs just make it look too jumbled up. It might look better if I removed all the stars and silver stripes. But I'll stick with my last version I think it looks the best.

I did the last tweaks to the Aerobat this morning so I think it's ready to release. I'll fly it a few more times to make sure and then release it. Not that the world is waiting on it. I went ahead and added smoke and made a tiny change to the color scheme I've been wanting to do. All in all I really like this plane, it's the perfect plane for me. I'm a so-so pilot so those full on 3D planes are way too much for me. But I love flying close and hucking the plane around and Aerobat is great at that.

This is really for @asj5547 . I wanted to let you know I didn't separate the areas of Aerobat that are transparent and define them as "glass" like RF-X needs, so none of the transparency in Aerobat will work in RF-X. The normal RealFlight versions don't need that and I rarely use RF-X anymore so I didn't bother to separate all of the transparent items and define them as "glass". The plane looks good and fly's good but you can't see through the wings, hstab, and vstab to see the rib cage inside in RF-X.

Back