Aeronca7ac Electric

BrokeDad

I grabbed Doug's nice new CS for this and saw his comment so I'm working on it. Right now it's a 200(double size) version but I will try to do a 400 also if it's viable.

Oh and for those folks still not using RF8 I will keep SAFE off of it. I have a working very early version.

It's no speed demon and I don't plan on that .. here is a really early version if you wanna play. Flight time is quite long and current never tops 60A.

Attachments

• Aeronca7ac 200 Electric_AV.RFX
    46 KB · Views: 4
sound like a plan , this is the Carl Goldberg Husky 400 size electric a 37 3/4 in span , the one i have , i managed to get 20 min flight out of it at cruse speed just enough to keep it air born to see how long i could nurse it on 3 cell 1500 lipo and 9X4.5 APC slow flyer electric prop on a brushless HC2812-0850 Outrunner motor and a Phoenix 25 Amp Brushless Senorless Speed Control

specs : WS 39 3/4 in
: Length 27 in
: Wing Area 217 sq in
: Flying Weight 591g with 3 cell lipo

Last edited:
Thanks for the specs. I know I didn't adjust weights yet on this one. I guess if it was foam it might be possible :rolleyes: Lots more work moving things around and adjusting.

Last edited:
Thanks for the specs. I know I didn't adjust weights yet on this one. I guess if it was foam it might be possible :rolleyes: Lots more work moving things around and adjusting.

oops it is 39 3/4 in wingspan that was a miss print i just measured my husky . i changed the list above

Last edited:
A newer rendition with proper weights. I think the motor is a good compromise between speed and power consumption. See what you all think.

Attachments

• Aeronca7ac 200 Electric_AV.RFX
    46.5 KB · Views: 6
Guess I'll add a camera or so and post it on swaps. It flies really well for the type of plane it is. Outer loops kinda suck but it's not set up for different values on the elevator. I did make a SAFE AV as well but don't know if that will get posted.

The Aeronca7ac 200 Electric imports and fly's good in RF-X, just had to change landing gear from "springy round gear" (the model would bounce around on spawn) to "springy scale retracts" so it would spawn properly. RF-X does not produce a double size model as per RF8, but that does not detract from the enjoyment of this great little aircraft, thanks again for your work.

The Aeronca7ac 200 Electric imports and fly's good in RF-X, just had to change landing gear from "springy round gear" (the model would bounce around on spawn) to "springy scale retracts" so it would spawn properly. RF-X does not produce a double size model as per RF8, but that does not detract from the enjoyment of this great little aircraft, thanks again for your work.

Thanks very much for the nice comments. I'll wait a day to post keeping technoid's newest at the top of the swaps unless somebody else posts stuff. Perhaps if you saved it as an EA in RF7/8 and then imported into RFX it would be sized up ? I've learned a ton from all of you folks here over the years. It makes me very ashamed of some of my earlier efforts that are likely still on here.

Perhaps if you saved it as an EA in RF7/8 and then imported into RFX it would be sized up ?

I did what you suggested, ….this is the RF-X error message.
If the vehicle graphics scale is larger than 100%, RF-X gets all bent out of shape, (would be nice if they fixed this problem)
Thankfully the Aeronca is still big enough to enjoy, at the original scale size.

Attachments

• Graphic scale-1.JPG
    Graphic scale-1.JPG
    190.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Graphic scale.JPG
    Graphic scale.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 7
Try using notepad on the EA and changing it to 100% just for fun and see what happens. That does kinda suck. I never knew that about RF-X. I found a way also to save stock models as EA's but it's very involved and complicated and I'm positive KE wouldn't like that info shared.

Back