Aircraft could not be loaded as based on aircraft you do not have

Roro

Hi l have been using swap pages. some aircraft upload however others do not and a red line appears saying Aircraft could not be loaded as based on aircraft you do not have. could some one help please.

You probably downloaded and imported an AV (aircraft variant) but you need the EA (entire aircraft) imported first. If what you imported was an AV go back to where you downloaded it and there will be a link to the EA get it and import it.

Perfect thank you flip. Superstar!
Great I'm glad to help. So do you understand the differences between the type of files on the swap pages? I can explain them better if you want. On well it's not much so I'll just post it in case you need it.

EA (Entire Aircraft)
That's the plane the modeler created it's the 3d Model, the Physics, and the Color Scheme.

AV (Aircraft Variant)
Basically it's only the Physics for the plane which describes how the plane flies which includes the part sizes and weights and the distribution of weight to create the CG (Center of Gravity). Anyone can use the Aircraft Editor in RealFlight to change any of the plane parts to change how the plane fly's. You can't ADD or CHANGE visual parts because that's fixed by the original modeler you would need to create a 3d Model yourself to change the physical appearance. You CAN add new parts but you won't see them in the SIM.

CS (Color Scheme)
It's basically the TGA files that someone paints to make the plane look the way they want. Anyone can create one you use the Save Color Scheme as function in the SIM to save the color scheme the original modeler created and then you can repaint all the parts to create your own color scheme.

Hey Flip,
Perfect that really clears things up. Thank you for your time. I and I'm sure others will find this useful. Cheers

Back