Airplane Model Request (Funstar)

I just added your Funstar to the swap pages here's a link to it. It's been great fun helping you with this so enjoy your plane. Oh.. I always meant to go back and make the yellow color a better match, so I did it this morning before I uploaded it. Hope you like it, it's a lot closer to the yellow in your pictures.

https://forums.realflight.com/index.php?resources/21785

Attachments

• Funstar 02.jpg
    Funstar 02.jpg
    341.5 KB · Views: 4
Just finished flying the swap pages Funstar. It can't get more real than that. Fantastic job! The plane is really rich in detail, I wonder how hard it is to model and airplane on a computer. Is it possible to comment and grade in the swap pages? I didn't get an option for that. Come to think of it, the most recent posts don't have scores or comments either.
Oh by the way, the new engine you put looks badass! My old plane is on steroids now! Keep making the community happy Technoid, thanks a lot for my bird!

Just finished flying the swap pages Funstar. It can't get more real than that. Fantastic job! The plane is really rich in detail, I wonder how hard it is to model and airplane on a computer. Is it possible to comment and grade in the swap pages? I didn't get an option for that. Come to think of it, the most recent posts don't have scores or comments either.
Oh by the way, the new engine you put looks badass! My old plane is on steroids now! Keep making the community happy Technoid, thanks a lot for my bird!

Cool Deal I'm glad to hear you like the plane from the swap pages. I was trying to refine it a little more after the first release on the forum and kept thinking of little details to add. They don't make it fly better but it's nice to take a look at them once in a while. And I'm sure glad I remembered to make the yellow closer to the pictures you posted, almost forgot that one. And then Doug tweaked the physics to get a little better performance too. All in all a great little project. Do you know how to use the RealFlight Editor to look closely at individual parts? That's a cool feature I didn't know about for a long time. If you don't know how once you're in the RF Editor click on the Visuals tab and pick a part from the list on the left side. Then use the mouse to move around and the mouse wheel to zoom in and out, a very cool feature that lets you check out anything. Thanks for the kind comments I appreciate them I'm getting ready to release another plane too.. Avenger, the 3D Profile plane I posted a picture of recently. She's ready to go I've just been waiting till I finshed Funstar to release her. So she's be on the swap pages soon, not sure when but soon.

Oh. Almost forgot. You should be able to leave a comment on a plane from the swap pages unless the person that released it disables comments. Look for the comment box at the bottom of the swap page.

While in the editor, after you click on the part, to center it; press and hold the left mouse button, to drag centered part, to any orientation you like. Oh, and don't forget, you have two Viewing options. Click; View>Select Layout>Layout 1 OR Layout 2 ;)
Nice work Technoid, and Doug! Great attention to detail.

Is it possible to comment and grade in the swap pages? I didn't get an option for that. Come to think of it, the most recent posts don't have scores or comments either.

Yes, and no. Due to a big uproar about how ratings were being given, the mods opted to give us the uploaders the option to turn off ratings if we like. They also added another feature that I have NEVER understood, nobody can see rates OR comments until that file gets 15 votes or more. I had several highly rated files until this change, and now I only have one. Personally, I really don't care about the rates. It does add a little bit of a good feeling to see the high numbers, but it's not why I do this. I started posting a link to the build thread and asking for comments to be placed in the thread instead. I do like to know if someone has a suggestion for improvements, and I feel this is about the best way since the comments got blocked.

Yes, and no. Due to a big uproar about how ratings were being given, the mods opted to give us the uploaders the option to turn off ratings if we like. They also added another feature that I have NEVER understood, nobody can see rates OR comments until that file gets 15 votes or more. I had several highly rated files until this change, and now I only have one. Personally, I really don't care about the rates. It does add a little bit of a good feeling to see the high numbers, but it's not why I do this. I started posting a link to the build thread and asking for comments to be placed in the thread instead. I do like to know if someone has a suggestion for improvements, and I feel this is about the best way since the comments got blocked.

Well, honestly that sucks, most of the times when I browse through the swap pages I look at the most downloaded files, but I know there is always hidden treasures but thanks to the grading system they are not popular..

Hi Guys,
I built and fly a 33% WACO YMF-5. would someone be interested in creating a color scheme for an existing model based off of my WACO? I would love to have one on the sim for my 7 yr old grandson to fly.

Thanks!!
Anthony

Here is a couple more pics.

The blue is trimmed with gold stripes.

complete%20007_zpswbyyekwl.jpg

complete%20006_zps53aoqsap.jpg

Field014_zpsc329aaf3.jpg

Im not saying I'll do it, just that its good practice to post pics of a request. And next time you might start your own thread. Maybe someone can get to it. If not, I might take it on later.

I have some ideas though they are from a video game.... The sky crawlers is the game and the planes are the Sanka MKB, Suiga, and Skyly D

Back