Airport

Vahe wolf

I have a question that I searched for but found a non-detailed answer, which is that the map used by Realflight is from the original terrain scan was done for the mesh ( in Spain ).
- I am currently using Realflight 9.5 Is this map the same?
- If I were to search for it on a Google Earth, what would be its coordinates?

I am trying to build an interactive map of planes, models, and runways for a large playing area, and I am developing more than one model of aircraft, including aerobatics, civilian fighters, bombers, and the like. I have been working on learning this and doing it for several months, and you all help me a lot in progress in this, thank you all.
Special thanks @legoman @asj5547 ❤️

What I mean by destroy is if the plane hits the object, I want to break the object. like combat mode!!
if you hit the fuel truck and a few other objects from the shooting gallery with bullet they blow up on a hit with a bullet but not with a rocket.

[EDIT] airport objects are one piece so they cannot break apart like airplanes do when they get hit

I have designed a catapult and I want to include it in the airport that I am designing
The question is, if I want to make the catapult perform the throwing motion only at every launch of the plane, can I do that?

I have designed a catapult and I want to include it in the airport that I am designing
The question is, if I want to make the catapult perform the throwing motion only at every launch of the plane, can I do that?

maybe....

I have not messed with the different airport objects yet so I am not sure if they all reset on respawn. you might be able to make a roller coaster object do the throwing motion which if it resets the animation on respawn that might work although it would loop and repeat the throw motion on a timer. and if the catapult is launching the plane you can give the plane the initial velocity to launch it from the catapult. Assuming the roller coasters reset You might get what you are looking for. it likely would be weird on multiplayer.

maybe....

I have not messed with the different airport objects yet so I am not sure if they all reset on respawn. you might be able to make a roller coaster object do the throwing motion which if it resets the animation on respawn that might work although it would loop and repeat the throw motion on a timer. and if the catapult is launching the plane you can give the plane the initial velocity to launch it from the catapult. Assuming the roller coasters reset You might get what you are looking for. it likely would be weird on multiplayer.

It's interesting. I'll try to messe and search into it. We might get a cool move or something. Today I will try to do it and let you know what's new.

maybe....

Well, I encountered one problem, which is the speed of movement of the CART, as the law stipulates that there should be at least 4 waypoints.
I have tried more than one experiment with different values and different waypoint positions:

4 equally spaced waypoints and NUP_LapTimeSEC = 1
NUP_DelaySEC = 0

4 equally spaced waypoints and NUP_LapTimeSEC = 10
NUP_DelaySEC = 0

4 evenly spaced waypoints and NUP_LapTimeSEC = 210
NUP_DelaySEC = 0

4 waypoints with created distances and different NUP_LapTimeSEC values as before

A waypoint at the beginning of the CART and a 3 waypoints at the end of the CART, and the values of NUP_LapTimeSEC are different

A waypoint at the end and a 3 waypoints at the start and the values for NUP_LapTimeSEC are different

And for you, the movement is always slow and it is the same in all of the above. I do not feel that it is different. 😢

are the fbx file you are importing to rf in ascii (not binary) format? I used to have issues with binary FBX's and NUPs not sure if it still an issue

I had an idea but not sure if it would not change any thing. if the way points are all in the same location with the pivot controlling the angle. you might get different results if the waypoints are away from the axis of rotation so the catapult arm is both moving and rotating.

I should have asked is it a navy carrier catapult (linear) or a medieval catapult (rotating)?

are the fbx file you are importing to rf in ascii (not binary) format? I used to have issues with binary FBX's and NUPs not sure if it still an issue

I had an idea but not sure if it would not change any thing. if the way points are all in the same location with the pivot controlling the angle. you might get different results if the waypoints are away from the axis of rotation so the catapult arm is both moving and rotating.

I should have asked is it a navy carrier catapult (linear) or a medieval catapult (rotating)?
Thank you for trying to help․
Firstly, it is a linear catapult to launch a drone.
Then I tried ascii format too. But it's the same. Is the release related to something? I usually always export with FBX version 2014/2015 and have not had any previous problems with aircraft parts and airport other objects.
and NUP_LapTimeSEC =1 is faster than NUP_LapTimeSEC =100? Things got mixed up for me after 53 test objects 😩

And for example: if I have two parts ~CS_CART01 & ~CS_CART02 on the catapult but each one I want to it move in different waypoints, can I do that?
this is my second plane on catapult after I solve the first point.

Attachments

• 1677135805952.png
    1677135805952.png
    114.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 1677136018761.png
    1677136018761.png
    47.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 1677136054082.png
    1677136054082.png
    50.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
What direction do you want the 2 carts to follow, obviously they would project along the catapult launch, then what?

What direction do you want the 2 carts to follow, obviously they would project along the catapult launch, then what?

The first cart moves along the catapult to launch the chair. The second cart under the catapult chair moves only from the starting point to the middle.
But my big problem is that whatever I do, the catapult goes either at a slow speed, or if I set a waypoint at the beginning and a group of waypoints all at the same end, it goes at a good speed, but here I will wait for it to finish the full lap at the end waypoints in order to repeat the lap very quickly
I wish I could make the movement of the catapult appear only at every launch, that is, at every reset.

@asj5547 @legoman Hello again,
This time I lost coordination on the RF map, I want to launch the plane spawn on coordination:

Latitude = 37.6000201988475 (in degrees)
Longitude = -2.76743352413177 (in degrees)
altitude = 634.068848771425 (in meters)

But in RF the coordinates are given via X, Y, Z (Absolute Position in meters)

I've done some conversions, but I'm not getting the compatibility values in the RF not in absolute or even relative mode.
So How can I know where I'm on the real map.

Attachments

• 1683199274240.png
    1683199274240.png
    588.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 1683199256338.png
    1683199256338.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 12
  • 1683199332056.png
    1683199332056.png
    44.2 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
the spot looks right. not sure how exact you are trying to get 10s of meters, feet, or inches. the average gps is only accurate to 10 feet (3 meters).

the coast line crosses the edge of the map at approximately 2023-05-03 23_40_46-.jpg 2023-05-04 00_06_28-.jpg and the map is 100 miles wide

I think this is the location if you want higher accuracy the edges of the map would be 264000 so computing your longitude vs the edge of the map
the coastline roughly matching locations 2023-05-03 23_43_09-Properties.jpg2023-05-03 23_40_46-.jpg

a close estimate see atached AP.RFX
2023-05-03 23_29_12-Settings.jpg

Attachments

• sample spawn_AP.RFX
    234.8 KB · Views: 4
Back