Airports and changing views?

TAC

With the default Carl Henson field RF 8 won't let me change views (F1, F2, etc.). It says camera not supported at this airport. If I change to any other airport I get an Error "D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA, File: DXTeture.cpp, Line: 530".

Anyone having similar problems?

Thnx,

-TAC

Cameras are not supported in the photo realistic APs, but are in the CG type APs.

Attachments

• ScreenShot1509418031.jpg
    ScreenShot1509418031.jpg
    390.9 KB · Views: 18
So what do I need to change to change the view?

I also have an Oculus headset that I read you should really change the view to check it out.

I go to RF 7.5 and can change views. If I go to the same airport in 8.0 I get the error I listed above.

Which airport are you trying to use the camera on?
If the camera is tried in a photo realistic field, nothing happens (as it should for a 2d field).

Not doing VR, so cannot help there.

pix:
There is an "Additional Options" section when posting that allows you to attach files.

Carl Henson Field.

How do I tell if a field is 2D?

When you select a field, like Carl Henson, look at the last menu item you opened, the name is Photo Fields, so all the fields under that menu item are Photo Fields. All the other menu items are 3d fields. So Carl Henson and the Sod Farm are photo fields and do not support cameras. But all the fields under the other menu items are 3d fields and DO support cameras.

Photo Field

Look in the Main Menu (menu at the top of the Program)
Everything NOT listed as a "Photo Field"=(PI). Is a "3D Field=(AP)

Attachments

• Photo Field.PNG
    Photo Field.PNG
    194 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Hey guys thanks for the input. If I select ANY field I get the error message listed in my first message.

I sent that info to Great Planes Software Support.

Thanks again.

Hey guys thanks for the input. If I select ANY field I get the error message listed in my first message.

I sent that info to Great Planes Software Support.

Thanks again.

TIP: Contacting Technical Support, via Telephone (if possible) is the Best/Fastest way to get one on one help.
They can walk you through a Solution, in Real Time.
Its what their there for. They're knowledgeable, and a good group of guys.
If they DO get you to a Solution, it would be Great, if you came back here, and clue in the rest of us.

In the past, a lot of problems, have been resolved by doing a "Restore Factory Defaults"

Another common fix to RealFlight Issues, is to Install, The DirectX Version, that was offered in the Install.
This Version is also available through the RealFlight Launcher.
Although you may have Current, up to date, DirectX installed on your machine, this is a version, that contains "specific files" necessary for Proper RealFlight Utilization.
It will just "Add To" your current Directx not over write it.
Hope this helps

Attachments

• RF 8 Launcher.PNG
    RF 8 Launcher.PNG
    458.6 KB · Views: 8
  • RF DirectX.PNG
    RF DirectX.PNG
    148.8 KB · Views: 10
Back