amd rx 6600 xt issue

saab piolt

i am trying to figure out what driver will work with this card to run real flight. i tried some of the suggested ones from the 5700 issues and not working. i have the radeon rx 6600 xt video card. someone suggested i try the 20.11.2 but i get the error message about compatibility when i install. horizon was absolutely no help whatsoever.

AMD does not support DX9 which RF is still using. There maybe a driver hack that works but with a newer card I doubt it.
Lets not forget that nvidia has cut support for Windows up to 8.1 and older Kepler GPUs. Keplers came out in 2012, which is ten years after DirectX9 so its days are numbered on that platform too.

i am trying to figure out what driver will work with this card to run real flight. i tried some of the suggested ones from the 5700 issues and not working. i have the radeon rx 6600 xt video card. someone suggested i try the 20.11.2 but i get the error message about compatibility when i install. horizon was absolutely no help whatsoever.

You aren't going to get RF to work with an AMD 6000 card. Driver support has stopped after 20.11.2 which only supports 5000 series and older AMD GPU's.

Well, I guess I know why KnifeEdge sold this to Horizen last year. I bought 9.5s on steam today, and I hope I can get a refund. Upgrading since G2, and that money never went to keep RealFlight current? What a sad state. Even if Nvdia works today, the 4000 cards or next driver may not.

How can we get Knife Edge to wake up ? Technologies does not stop for one solo vendor, someone will come out with a sim that works with new updated gear and will take over the market.

The thing that kills me is that it is probably a simple patch they can create to update Real Flight

How can we get Knife Edge to wake up ? Technologies does not stop for one solo vendor, someone will come out with a sim that works with new updated gear and will take over the market.

The thing that kills me is that it is probably a simple patch they can create to update Real Flight
RealFlight uses a custom graphics engine so it needs to be rewritten for it to work with another version of DirectX or they need to move RealFlight to another graphics engine. Either way it's high time they did it.

NOT a simple patch, but requires a total rewrite of the software. Which is what they attempted to do with RF X. But prematurely put it out without many of the most popular features, and required top end hardware (at the time). Whatever they do (revive RF X, or start all over) one can count on that there will be some level of incompatibility that will again bring howls - maybe with all the current swap files, maybe with available modeling tools, maybe with slightly older video cards. What ever happens, it will take a lot of time...

Absolutely not a simple fix. The core of the game engine that runs RF requires DX9 and won't work on anything newer. This has been discussed for years, and the only way to fix the issue is an complete rewrite of the software which is an issue all to itself.

Some good news for those running late model AMD video cards (I have a 6900 XT). I downloaded the latest AMD video driver today and now my Real Flight 9.5 works! The latest AMD driver is dated 5/10/2022 and is called, "AMD Software Preview Driver May 2022."

Some good news for those running late model AMD video cards (I have a 6900 XT). I downloaded the latest AMD video driver today and now my Real Flight 9.5 works! The latest AMD driver is dated 5/10/2022 and is called, "AMD Software Preview Driver May 2022."
Boy that is good news.

Back