AMR Monster Stick 150

technoid

When I asked if anyone had any ideas for my next project legoman mentioned doing the AMR Monster Stick 150 and after looking around a lot I ended up emailing the fellow that designed it in Canada and he ask me to call him. We had a nice chat and he's going to help me get some better pictures to use in 3ds Max for a template. So I guess this is my next project. I like Sticks (this one is a Stick not Stik) and the color scheme by Pedro looks pretty cool to me so that's what I'll use. So here's a picture of the starting point and a link to the product page and build thread with the color scheme I'm planning to use. But as always things change some times so nothing is set in stone right now.

Here's a link to the AMR Monster Stick 150 product page with Specs.

https://amr-rc.com/en_ca/monster-stick-150.html

Here's a link to the build thread I'm planning to use the color scheme from.

https://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49467

Attachments

• AMR Monster Stik 150 01.jpg
    AMR Monster Stik 150 01.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 11
Monster stick 150, now that is an interesting project, will be great with your radial up front.
I guess I will have to buy a bigger monitor to fit the plane on. ???

Monster stick 150, now that is an interesting project, will be great with your radial up front.
I guess I will have to buy a bigger monitor to fit the plane on. ???

There you go a good reason to get a new 4k monitor with a 2080ti to go with it. I might rework the valve train on my radial to look more like a Moki 180.

The one I saw and linked (posted) from the AMR page had words on the wings and no checkers on the tail. Maybe there was another one I didn't see.
BTW when do I get my radial powered helicopter done ? :D

Duh.. Dumb ole me I just thought the CS wasn't finished yet so the text on the wings wasn't there. But I didn't notice the checkers were missing on the AMR page. Oh well we both like the one in the build thread and that's the one I was going to do. Will I put the text on the wing, dunno at this point. Maybe.. maybe not. Here's another picture from page 11.

a325891-172-DSC_0627_01.jpg

You know I think I want to keep the color scheme open for now. I've seen a few interesting color schemes for it and I might even come up with my own. So no the color scheme isn't written in stone. Maybe a baby blue theme with chrome moon hubcaps. <just kidding>

There you go a good reason to get a new 4k monitor with a 2080ti to go with it. I might rework the valve train on my radial to look more like a Moki 180.

It probably will be under powered with a moki 180 it will need a 215 or 250 maybe even a 300cc moki. The 150cc to 170cc is for 2 stroke motors thus about 15 to 17 HP a moki 180 is about 8 or 9 HP

It probably will be under powered with a moki 180 it will need a 215 or 250 maybe even a 300cc moki. The 150cc to 170cc is for 2 stroke motors thus about 15 to 17 HP a moki 180 is about 8 or 9 HP

Okay, will you work with me on what radial to use and do you have engine profiles for them? The graphics model is the same for them, right? I'm going to model my radial a little but not redo it.. just tweak the top of the valve train where the Moki is open.

I rotated the picture of the Monster Stick and used it as a template to reshape my Stick. I reworked the wings to match the monster stick and then copied them and used them to create an hstab with an airfoil. I also created a new tail wheel bracket to match the one they use and reworked the main gear to match there's too. So lots of work on it today. I'm stopping now but I thought I'd upload a picture for you.

Attachments

• AMR Monster Stik 150 02.jpg
    AMR Monster Stik 150 02.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 16
Okay, will you work with me on what radial to use and do you have engine profiles for them? The graphics model is the same for them, right? I'm going to model my radial a little but not redo it.. just tweak the top of the valve train where the Moki is open.

I have torque curves for all of moki's radial and a few of them with the high rev valve kit. Which is a carbon fiber pushrod and different spring and maybe some thing else I am not remembering that lets them rev higher. let me know which one you want and I'll supply the engine or I could send all of them and let you test them out.

I rotated the picture of the Monster Stick and used it as a template to reshape my Stick. I reworked the wings to match the monster stick and then copied them and used them to create an hstab with an airfoil. I also created a new tail wheel bracket to match the one they use and reworked the main gear to match there's too. So lots of work on it today. I'm stopping now but I thought I'd upload a picture for you.

nice!!!

I have torque curves for all of moki's radial and a few of them with the high rev valve kit. Which is a carbon fiber pushrod and different spring and maybe some thing else I am not remembering that lets them rev higher. let me know which one you want and I'll supply the engine or I could send all of them and let you test them out.

For now just send me the one you think is right for the plane. Then after I get it going I'll send it to you and you can be the judge of what engine it needs.

For now just send me the one you think is right for the plane. Then after I get it going I'll send it to you and you can be the judge of what engine it needs.

Here you go there is a 5 and 7 cylinder option. remove the .txt extension and place it in documents/realflight 8/vehicles/engines. 32x18 2 blade prop or 30x18 3 blade should work for both

Attachments

• RCS 250cc 4 Stroke Gas Radial.gasTorque.txt
    501 bytes · Views: 10
  • RCS 250cc 7 cylinder 4 Stroke Gas Radial.gasTorque.txt
    538 bytes · Views: 6
I worked on the Monster Stick some more tonight. It looks like I'm ready to upscale the wingspan to 144 inches now. This seems weird it feels like I'm back where I started modeling wise.

Attachments

• AMR Monster Stik 150 03.jpg
    AMR Monster Stik 150 03.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 5
I know a Monster Stick probably isn't that interesting but it takes the same amount of work as the rest. I just finished rescaling it to a 144 inch wingspan and moved the hstab back to the end of the fuselage like the build thread shows. Then I moved the whole tail section forward so it aligns with the top view I created using the picture of the plane. I'm not sure what's next there's a few little things I could do or I could put the engine on. I may take this build off-line and just release it when it's finished there's nothing that interesting about following a Stick build.

well i think your having more fun with the old school RC planes , servo fuction detail would be excellent on this Monster Stick , i'll no doubt do a few CS's for it :)

Last edited:
Since it looks like there's some interest in this plane I'll go ahead and update. One of the tweaks I needed to do before I mapped the plane is go back and rework the ailerons so they're made like the ones on this plane. I started out with an old stik build of mine so the ailerons were made the way I do them (rounded leading edge) but this plane's ailerons have an Angled Edge leading edge so I went back and modified the ailerons to be like they should be for this plane. Got a question. What is good about this type of aileron instead of having them angled on both sides or rounded like you see on most planes?

Back