AMR Monster Stick 150

I thought I'd go back and see what I could do with an EP version of the Monster Stick so here's a beta. Please let me know if you find a problem.

Here's the parts I used and their cost.

MOTOR: HACKER Q100-5L - $1,099.00 EUR
ESC: HACKER MasterSPIN 220 Pro OPTO - $495.99
BATTERY: TURNIGY 5000mAh 6S 40C - 4 Each at $63.92 each ($255.69)

Note: Batteries are connected 2 in series with a parallel pack connected the same way.

Attachments

• AMR Monster Stick 150 EP 01.jpg
    AMR Monster Stick 150 EP 01.jpg
    242.1 KB · Views: 7
  • AMR Monster Stick 150 EP_EA.RFX
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I thought I'd go back and see what I could do with an EP version of the Monster Stick so here's a beta. Please let me know if you find a problem.

HACKER Q100-5L - $1,099.00 EUR
TURNIGY 5000mAh 6S 40C - 4 Each at $63.92 each ($255.69)

Note: Batteries are connected 2 in series with a parallel pack connected the same way.

Sweet .. You know I've been doing some big electrics also. Seems nitro is now becoming even less popular since fuel prices have more than doubled. Not to mention the restrictions placed on them because of noise even at clubs.

BTW I got an error message about the motor not found and a default would be used. I'll see what I can find in the default ones for now.

EDIT: Thanks Doug (below) that was the problem.

Last edited:
Sweet .. You know I've been doing some big electrics also. Seems nitro is now becoming even less popular since fuel prices have more than doubled. Not to mention the restrictions placed on them because of noise even at clubs.

BTW I got an error message about the motor not found and a default would be used. I'll see what I can find in the default ones for now.

i have had that happen before a few times and if you restart RF after import the engine is there , at least it has been every time i had that issue BrokeDad

HACKER Q100-5L - $1,099.00 EUR
TURNIGY 5000mAh 6S 40C - 4 Each at $63.92 each ($255.69)

• the collision mesh for the fuselage still encompasses where the radial engine was
  • I reduced the resitance of the motor in notepad to .0053
  • I moved the current limit to 440 amps (2x the recommended esc)

• the collision mesh for the fuselage still encompasses where the radial engine was

Collision Mesh. I was going to fix that before release but was leaving to run some errands and wanted to upload the beta before I left.

Motor Resistance. I didn't think about editing the file directly but when I wrote code with a limit in it I always had a hard limit in the code that matched the limit in the interface, but it's possible they don't. I'm not sure what I'll do with that I don't like editing files below the user interface. But they do show it as a FLOAT so you would think it would be okay.

Current Limit. OPPS.. I didn't read the comment about that entry I'll fix that. Thanks for your input that's why I like beta's you get to fix stuff before releasing it.

Oh I forgot to list the ESC I used. HACKER MasterSPIN 220 Pro OPTO - $495.99

Last edited:
Question. I have a plywood grain on the box on the front of the fuselage should I keep it that way or make it a fairly flat black? I thought about using stand-offs but the motor is quite a ways out from the fuselage and thought they might look odd. The motor is in the same spot as the other engines so it has to be out that far.

You might consider tapering the front of the fuse.... from the top, bottom and sides,of the fuse, to their respected sides at the front of the block. that`s a pretty BIG block out there..... Just a thought;):D

You might consider tapering the front of the fuse.... from the top, bottom and sides,of the fuse, to their respected sides at the front of the block. that`s a pretty BIG block out there..... Just a thought;):D

Do you mean taper the Engine Box or the Fuselage?

legoman. I sent a PM to Jeremy and just got an answer. He said the code didn't clamp the motor resistance value to 0.01 so I could edit the file like you mentioned and set the motor resistance manually to .0053, so that's what I'll do. Thanks again for bringing it up. Oh he mentioned a value lower than 0.01 hasn't been tested but didn't expect any fireworks. All three of the items you mentioned will be fixed before release.

On another note I have Rage ready to release and I guess Stagger is next. I want to clear out my betas before I start on the Super Chipmunk.

legoman. I sent a PM to Jeremy and just got an answer. He said the code didn't clamp the motor resistance value to 0.01 so I could edit the file like you mentioned and set the motor resistance manually to .0053, so that's what I'll do. Thanks again for bringing it up. Oh he mentioned a value lower than 0.01 hasn't been tested but didn't expect any fireworks. All three of the items you mentioned will be fixed before release.

On another note I have Rage ready to release and I guess Stagger is next. I want to clear out my betas before I start on the Super Chipmunk.

I would not expect many fire works until you start putting negative values into positive only stuff. I have built a few planes that have used notepad and have not found a many problems with excessive or minimal values. Some things like symmetrical single axis pivoting frames don't work but most thinks that should work in real life work in real flight.

I guess I did find some thing the other day that failed without the fire works and I did not even use notepad for that one. It was spoiler apparently don't create different lift effects with negative deflections compared to positive ones.

Fun fact: "The default simple flier actually has a negative distance to tip on the ailerons."

Back