AMR Monster Stick 150

Either I guess, no matter which of the two options, In the end, the results would still look the same.

I guess I'm going to leave it the way it is. I don't really want to change anything right now, getting lazy I guess. But I've seen several square nosed planes that have a pretty good size box to space out an electric motor. I suppose I could make the plywood color a little darker.

I made the plywood on the box a little darker and I think that helped, it's still large but with a little more color it seems to look better. I also edited the motor profile and set the motor resistance to .0053 (but only .005 shows in the dialog box).Now the only thing left to do is rework the collision mesh for the electric motor instead of the radial. Ha.. I may end up releasing both the Monster Stick EP and Rage this weekend.. we'll see. Normally I wouldn't do that but I want to get all the beta's out of the way so I can start on the Super Chipmunk. But there's still Stagger and the SE5 to finish. I don't think I'll change anything on the SE5 so it won't have any dihedral, a lot of dihedral destroys a plane to me they just wallow around in the air. ugh ! So like it or not here it comes :)

Last edited:
I can't see the collision mesh for the Fuselage, how do I see it? I thought I used to see it.

I find that kind of thing more and more as I get even older :p On the bright side there are more attractive women than before even if they are a bit blurry.

Usually you can click on fuselage in physics, click rootframe and it takes you to visuals fuselage collision mesh, but I only see a mesh around the engine area. ???

Attachments

• rootframe.JPG
    rootframe.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 6
This is what I normally get get for a mesh, selecting the rootframe.

Attachments

• Rootframe-2.JPG
    Rootframe-2.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 5
Click on the part in the visuals tab. But I can't see it there myself today.

That's what I used to do but last night when I reworked the collision mesh for the Fuselage of the Monster Stick EP I and couldn't see it, thus the question.

Usually you can click on fuselage in physics, click rootframe and it takes you to visuals fuselage collision mesh, but I only see a mesh around the engine area. ???

That did it, thanks ! I reworked the fuselage collision mesh for the Monster Stick EP and needed to see it before I released the plane. The reason you see that large area on the front is the first Monster Stick had both the Gas Twin and Radial in the same build so the collision mesh had to encompass both engines.

I just finished the release build for the Monster Stick 150 EP so it's ready to upload tomorrow. I still need to finish the release build for Rage but I should finish it up today too, if I do I'll most likely release both of them tomorrow. I suppose I could stretch them out a little and release one each week. I'll start on Stagger next and get it ready to release. Too many betas.. gosh, then there's the SE5 too. Ugh.. I want to start something new.

Ha.. It looks like I wasted my time creating the EP version of the Monster Stick. I thought with everyone loving electric power it would be pretty popular. But I suppose it's too big and old fashioned for the electric crowd. If it was built out of foam board with a 36 inch wingspan it would probably have a hundred downloads by now instead of 35. I'm just an old guy with old tastes so I'm out of touch :) So I'm rethinking EP versions of my planes.

It's just a general downturn in the hobby all together. Helis are even worse than planes for any new flyers now that "everyone can fly easy" quads are out there. If it doesn't have a camera it seems nobody is hardly interested. Most everything that is flown now is electric as us old farts who grew up with nitro age out. I'll still make stuff electric on my own if you decide it's not worth the time. Of those that do fly almost nobody builds kit anymore. It's just bought off the shelf and flown.

Don't give up on EP version planes, what would I do without Stagger EP, that is my favourite plane for burning holes in the sky, tremendous fun !!!
The AMR Monster Stick 150 has that incredible radial up front as the shining star of the model, any EP version would be hard pressed to compete in the visuals department against it.

Ha.. It looks like I wasted my time creating the EP version of the Monster Stick. I thought with everyone loving electric power it would be pretty popular. But I suppose it's too big and old fashioned for the electric crowd. If it was built out of foam board with a 36 inch wingspan it would probably have a hundred downloads by now instead of 35. I'm just an old guy with old tastes so I'm out of touch :) So I'm rethinking EP versions of my planes.

In my unprofessional option; it is because it is a third ea EA with little change to the previous two added on to the second one was little change (name only) to the first one. It is getting the downloads of an AV not an EA which it is honestly only a variant. But maybe it is too big and old fashioned for the electric crowd. But I don't really care for stuff made out of foam board

Monster stik graphics

I finished updating the color scheme for the new mapping and got the Monster Stick going in RealFlight. I used the physics from one of the 96 inch sticks I released last year, of course it's way off but all the parts are there I just have to resize them and set new weights. After that I flew it around for a while to see what it looked like and I have to say I didn't like the flaps on it at all. They just looked out of place on a Stik to me. SO.. Since I mapped the wing/aileron combination before I added the flaps it was easy to revert back to the wing without flaps. So it's going to be a normal Stik without flaps, sorry if you wanted them.

Could you tell me where i could find monster stik graphics? i am going to start my monster stik 150 build? Thank you for your time
Dana

Back