An-225 build

legoman

The DC-3 is almost done just a few little things to make then the mapping and pivots. The Lancaster just going to have to wait. My schedule I set up in my head is my plane, poll, my plane, poll... It really helps me stay motivated. I would probably stay more motivated if I just did whatever I wanted. :rolleyes: But if I did that then we would be getting stuff like the X-48 or other obscure models that are unique.

You may or may not have seen the start of it so I'll post them again.

counts 903 1830 respectively not including nacelles

specs
  • 1/12th scale
  • wing span 24 feet
  • 6x 7.6 inch turbo fans (6 turboprop turning 32 blades each) turning 20,000 rpms (as of now)
  • projected weight mid 200's (pounds)

Attachments

• ScreenShot1452290608.jpg
    ScreenShot1452290608.jpg
    473.5 KB · Views: 44
  • ScreenShot1452290514.jpg
    ScreenShot1452290514.jpg
    321.1 KB · Views: 33
  • an-225 build 01.jpg
    an-225 build 01.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 28
  • an-225 build 02.jpg
    an-225 build 02.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 20
  • an-225 build 03.jpg
    an-225 build 03.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 21
Just a few polies saved

The way I have the nacelles and fans set up it turns 16,260 tris across all six nacelles :eek: down to 24 tris in 6 n-gons. :D

So now I ask? Why bother with a poll at all, just do what ever makes your boat float!!

which one?

Attachments

32.9 KB · Views: 21
  • pig avatar upgrade.jpg
    pig avatar upgrade.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 24
So now I ask? Why bother with a poll at all, just do what ever makes your boat float!!

++1 This.

No need for a poll if you already know what you want to build. You build what You want. That is pretty much how these things go anyways. If you want some inspiration we will still gladly help you with that in giving you ideas but It's ultimately all you and what you build is entirely up to you.

++1 This.

No need for a poll if you already know what you want to build. You build what You want. That is pretty much how these things go anyways. If you want some inspiration we will still gladly help you with that in giving you ideas but It's ultimately all you and what you build is entirely up to you.

I agree, I can't imagine what a chore it would be to go through all those hours it takes (for me at least) to build a model you're not fond of.

I agree, I can't imagine what a chore it would be to go through all those hours it takes (for me at least) to build a model you're not fond of.
And sometimes the ugly duckling grows into a beautiful swan.. that you become fond of, and glad that you made the effort to raise it... ;)

I request a flying version of legoman's avatar. :D
I`ll have to agree, A flying pig would be a great addition to RF. It can be done, we have a flying anvil somewhere here in RF. Power could be provided by thrusters. Another good example, (I believe/think) would be the "Icon'. never looked at the physics or how it was powered, put pretty sure it was all thruster controlled..??.. :p An absolute joy to fly, VERY PRECISE maneuvering.

I was and still am going to do the results of the thread and poll. But as I said before about how I like to order my builds. When I finished the Tu-95 the ordering slipped my mind :eek:. I remembered the ordering shortly after I started the thread. So I went with it, and started the Lancaster. Then I saw the amount of glass (you know you see right through it :rolleyes::p) and the contours of and around said glass. I promise it will be the next aircraft, reasons I have an amazing engine sound, it is started, and I have some physics already built.

I think that the proportions of the smaller thrusters are more stream lined and look better to make the point of the pig flying. I am not fond of the pigs pigment. I would use a more piggy pigment.

Status on the avatar

I DON'T have a 3d model of the pig. It is currently only in Lego digital designer and it does not have an exporter for a 3ds, max, wings, etc. files. I am at school right now I will check on the color choices.

Edit: the color choices are what you see and white

Last edited:
If you can make an An-225, I don't think a flying lego pig would be too hard, but your the 3dMax expert, not me as all I can do is edit the sizes of planes :rolleyes::p

If you can make an An-225, I don't think a flying lego pig would be too hard, but your the 3dMax expert, not me as all I can do is edit the sizes of planes :rolleyes::p
I`m not an expert in Max either DZ, (I have used it though) but trust me, modeling the pig wouldn't be as easy as it might seem, unless you went down to a bare bones image of a pig. I`d love to see the pig. BUT, I`d much rather see his current projects come to fruition..:D Just so you know, if Legoman doesn't have 3D image to load into Max, it would be a very hard project to take on.

Last edited:
Back