Antivirus Software False Positives

Can you give some details on how you did this, getting the DXS controller from the updated (1.00.023) Trainer Edition to the RF 9.5 full version?
Whizkidtn,

Sorry, I have been offline a few days. All I did was open the DXs controller in the Trainer Edition for editing and copied all of the settings into a text file. Then I opened the Spektrum 7+ controller in RF9.5 and copied all of the settings into it and saved it as a new controller. It made a custom controller in \Documents\RealFlight 9\Radio Profiles for me. I've attached the text file notes I made in case you do not have access to the Trainer Edition. I also attached the Radio Profile (by changing the file extension from .radioprofile to .txt). I'm not sure it transfers correctly from one installation to another but since it is a text file you could use it to troubleshoot your radio profile if it has problems.

Good Luck,
Tom

Attachments

• DXS-WS2000-Mapping.txt
    340 bytes · Views: 2
  • Spektrum Receiver (DXs).txt
    2.6 KB · Views: 2
I also have the problem be blocked for installation. It is not acceptable to turn of virus protection or excluding software from virus scan. every software produce has to whitelist his software at virus producers or deliver a setup tool which is able to be installed. I cannot agree to this way to work around this issue. why are you not able to build an software installer as thousands of software developer do, which can be installed correctly.

Very disappointed with this, as I purchased this software with a dxe and dongle and it is all useless! I am not a computer tech, nor should I have to be to run this thing. I have spent the better part of a day trying to get this thing to go using the direction in this thread to no avail. You should be embarrassed for all the issues provided by your paying customers, I'm not a beta tester........................I have paid good money here!!

Okay, finally figured this out for myself using this windows 10 help file;

Add an exclusion to Windows Security

3f53d37d-4634-47ab-8e21-d389475c0e1b.png

Under Virus & threat protection settings, select Manage settings, and then under Exclusions, select Add or remove exclusions. Select Add an exclusion, and then select from files, folders, file types, or process. A folder exclusion will apply to all subfolders within the folder as well....

So I browsed to the folder location and excluded the entire folder..............................

Okay, finally figured this out for myself using this windows 10 help file;

Add an exclusion to Windows Security
Congratulations!

At IBM we software engineers used to have a saying, "Any time you use a computer to solve a problem, eventually the computer becomes the problem".

I spend a percentage of my discretionary time every month managing my "computer system" so that I can fly virtual model airplanes from the comfort of my Lazy-boy chair. I've never calculated the percentage. Let's just say that its more than a casual relationship.

marcus

I have tried to get this program running since early February. I had the same problem everyone else had and in Reading the post on here where he updated his windows program. So I did the same thing and updated my windows program. Put in the disc and it loaded like I was supposed to. Now I have a lot of reading to do.

Almost all software is having issues as the virus/worm creators improve their methods to hack our systems. I encounter this every day with systems that I support. Just a sign of modern times.

I downloaded the file from the above URL. Copied it to the thumb drive. Put the thumb drive in laptop and ran it. That's it. It's an executable.

Back