Antivirus software stopping you from installing?

Check out @technoid RAF SE5a EA : https://forums.realflight.com/index.php?resources/raf-se5a_ea.24919/
... has detailed panel, multiple cameras, and its a hoot to fly; beauty

marcus
I think that's one I downloaded and had a fly with. I converted my Flair SE5a to electric a few weeks ago but, like the Pup, not test flown as we're still in hard lockdown here - and the weather's crap! :)

Thanks for the tip, though. I've not yet sorted out what the aircraft file types mean - been too busy!

Geoff

Thanks for the tip, though. I've not yet sorted out what the aircraft file types mean - been too busy!
EA - Entire Aircraft... usually original designs and usually the 'base' aircraft from which AVs are made, or CSs are applied
AV - Aircraft Variant... someone has modified an EA in the editor and reposted the aircraft for others to play with
CS - Color Scheme... each EA is posted with the CS it was created with; CS files change the original color scheme to something else entirely without changing the aircraft underneath.

marcus

Last edited:
I bought the 9.5 version 2 days ago and had the issue immediately when I tried to install it. McAffee kept giving me a Trojan warning. I disabled it and installed the software and updated it, enabled the Virus program and it works without any issues.

Just purchased the RF 9.5 edition. The install goes without a hitch but when I fire up the software and try to enter the serial number Antivirus reports two viruses, one low threat and the other high threat.

This error comes up with both Windows Defender and McAfee and apparently has been going on for quite some time from the forum posts. It's not uncommon for one Antivirus vendor to get a false positive but two major vendors is highly unlikely. Knife Edge needs to review their software protection and come up with a solution. I could easily bypass the situation by disabling Antivirus protection or whitelisting the run units and with only one false positive I might, but with two that ain't gonna happen. Returning the software and maybe they'll fix that some day.

Just purchased the RF 9.5 edition. The install goes without a hitch but when I fire up the software and try to enter the serial number Antivirus reports two viruses, one low threat and the other high threat.

This error comes up with both Windows Defender and McAfee and apparently has been going on for quite some time from the forum posts. It's not uncommon for one Antivirus vendor to get a false positive but two major vendors is highly unlikely. Knife Edge needs to review their software protection and come up with a solution. I could easily bypass the situation by disabling Antivirus protection or whitelisting the run units and with only one false positive I might, but with two that ain't gonna happen. Returning the software and maybe they'll fix that some day.
You should just disable both AVs and install the software and update it there isn't a virus. Don't cheat yourself out of a good program they just used a technique to hide something to protect from piracy which triggers the AV software, it's the same kind of thing a virus would use to hide itself but there's " NO " virus in RealFlight.

I
Did you update to the latest version? (9.50.031) It has signed exe files that are suppose to fix these problems. And don't worry there isn't a virus in RealFlight it's just some code they used to stop hackers which sometimes appears to AV software as a virus.

Even wiyh the signed version (9.50.031), I had the same problem. My McAfee still quarantined launcher9.exe file. So I spent $190 at Dan's Craft in Rochester, NY and I can not use the flight simulator. Wrote to customer support and no response from them yet. Amazing!!!!

I

Even wiyh the signed version (9.50.031), I had the same problem. My McAfee still quarantined launcher9.exe file. So I spent $190 at Dan's Craft in Rochester, NY and I can not use the flight simulator. Wrote to customer support and no response from them yet. Amazing!!!!
I'm sorry to hear that I had the same problem but everything was fine when I updated to the latest version. If you can you should call support and tell the first hand I'm sure they'll want to know this. They are short handed because of the virus.

My version is 9.50.038 so 9.50.031 isn't the latest version I guess.

I can install RF 9.5 but can't run it. DXDERR_INVALIDCALL error while program loads. I have no idea what to do about it.

I can install RF 9.5 but can't run it. DXDERR_INVALIDCALL error while program loads. I have no idea what to do about it.

This is a common error; usually caused because there is a Radeon (AMD) graphics card | driver mismatch... causing Direct X 9 to get grumpy.

marcus

Back