Anybody see RF9.5s yet?

They actually went to Steam to prevent the Windows 10 and 11 firewall from blocking the install of their outdated RF installation .exe file. It was blocked as a threat by default in Win 10 and Win 11. I am using Steam version of 9.5S with Windows 11 PRO and it works perfectly and doesn't trip the firewall. It works great and I have imported everything you can image without any issues. Load the game and then use the import function for whatever you need. I am holding my breath that someone will create the Flex Innovations models, especially the Cessna 170 in red for me? Enjoy it and see you guys in some multiplayer sessions soon!

Last edited:
Realflight 9.5s takes away my ability to set my real name (or any name) in multiplayer sessions. It hardcodes my Steam alias name into Multiplayer without any ability to change or modify it.

I have G2, G3/3.5, G4/G4.5 and then skipped all the way to 9. I've already exchanged 9 to a Steam key.

I do have some questions not addressed by the FAQ.

1. Can I still re-activate the older sims or are the activation servers going?

I use the older sims on older hardware and when I went to mess with planes that were created ages ago whose physics I'm familiar with. G2 and addons had installer issues with any 64 bit OS so I have it on an XP box that's getting rather old - I have to admit I don't pull it out much anymore. But then I'm not into the hobby the way I once was.

2. How will modding planes and airfields work in the future. Will the old import functionality still be used, or are there plans to utilize the Steam Workshop?

3. Are there plans to move the forums over to Steam Community?

I imagine things are busy with sale/reorganization and steam launch. And at the same time I imagine your staff are wanting to take some holiday leave. There's no urgency to these questions, but I'd love it if the KnifeEdge team could get to these at some point. My best to you all going forward.

Thanks,

Sammy

Back