Anyone running G2 on Widows 7?

borjawil

I am trying to install rf g2 on windows 7 but its not working. i will enter the cd the auto install with come up then itll ask if i want to install realflight. I click yes then my computer asks if i want to allow this i click yes then the install wizard comes up and loads then disappear then nothing. I have tried running in safe mode, tried running as administrator, even used the install fix file on the site. Still nothing. Anyone have this problem or know how to fix it?

I called the support line and basically did everything mentioned above. Anyone else running it on windows 7?

What's with all the spam-bots posting in the G2 Section???

What's with them Joining a R/C Sim site anyway???

Edit: that one post was removed...

Last edited:
looking for the solution to this problem too....i'm not a spammer.
haven't used this program in a long time, and need to install it on the new desktop, running windows7.
any suggestions?

I believe it's possible, that being said have you done everything the OP tried?

Win 7 does have a compatibly mode for older programs, might try that.

I know one person here that posts a updated version or way to get the update, somebody will chime in.

You also can call tech support.

Good luck.......

thank you.
i did try the compatibility thing...no success.
it gives me the control panel for RF, then a screen to run, yes or no, and then nothin.
been searching on the board, and havne't found a good thread for this yet.
any suggestions?
thank you.
darrell

Is your cd in good shape? Do you still have the reg numbers also?

It's been along time since I have ran G2.

the cd looks great!
we have all the registration info., but we actually never registered it. we should have maybe, but never bothered.

It's amazing....

Here's another one. Spammer....

I kind of regret that thread was deleted.

Reported.

Last edited:
Yesss I'm running Win7 AND RF G2!!!!!!!!

Just go get XP Mode from Microsoft.com and install it with your operating system, then RF G2 will run fine. Oh, one more thing I have been missing is the ability to use help files, MS Win7 left this out so help does not work with a lot of programs. Sure glad to find and ans this as I have also been missing G2 since I installed Vista. Hey, anybody know how to get the old custom airports, I specifally want that really cool area51 that I think was Mars customised!!!! Have fun w/ G2, I hope this makes yours work tooooooooooooooooooo
YeeeeeeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Has anyone stored the better more interesting custom airports somewhere in a posting? I had a blast modifying one of the fun fly planes skins with paint shop
a few years ago, guess I should make backups, need to figure out the procedure for doing this again, but custom airports are really enjoyable.

Last edited:
Yes,
I am running G2 on Windows 7.
Initially, the program would not load/ run properly.
However, I am running the program in compatibility mode as "Windows XP service pack 3" and it works great!
Hope this helps!

Back