Anyone still with G2 that would like to do a MP session?

js3862

It's simple and clunky compared to 4.x but if anyone has G2 and would like to do a MP session let me know.

The list server is no longer running. On second thought, G2 DID have a way to plug in an IP address manually, didn't it?

Last edited:
Yep, you can setup private session. You have to go through some hoops to set it up though as the program automagically detects your private IP.

I think the list server is still up but, I haven't found a way to recover my registration information as the regserver is down. So, even if the list server is up, I can't get to it.

I read previously in a thread I believe you were in, that both the G2 registration and mp servers are no longer running.

That's correct, the G2 registration server, which handled both registration/online updates and public multiplayer sessions, is no longer operating. You should still be able to participate in a private session by sharing IP addresses.

I actually spoke to support at GP about it today and the rep I spoke with said he would put in a request with one of the product managers to turn the registration server back on. I don't know if it will get any traction but according to him they still get plenty of calls for G2.

The install I have on xp64 is still "registered" and I am able to advertise on the list server. So, I'm hoping I can get the registration server turned back on so I can get my copy that I have on the 32 bit copy of windows registered.

I'd like to be able to do a MP session on G2 at least a few times. It's a lot of fun buzzing the stuffed dogs in Green Valley and it would be nice to get a chance to use MP in G2.

Back