AT-28D-5

I ran out of room in the layout so I had to move some parts around to give me room for the new gear doors so that's makes updating the color scheme a little painful and time consuming, so it's taking a while. I may take this build off-line for the final part since my updates are more rambling than anything else.

it's always good to hear your updates, but given how complicated it's become, I don't blame you for taking it offline for now.

I just finished the 28D build so now it's time to start working on the color scheme. When I did the final mapping I had to move some parts around which made me do a lot of work in the color scheme moving the parts there too. But it's all done now so it's time for a coffee break and play my game.. I need a break for a while.

Is anyone planning to do a color scheme for this plane? I ask because if you are I can upload a beta with the final mapping so you can get started on it if you want.

@PilotAt6 If you decide to work on a CS let me know and I'll upload a new beta with the final mapping. Don't use any of the previous betas because the final mapping is "Very Different" so you'll need a new beta to work with. The placement of the landing gear and all the armament changed so the old color scheme TGA file won't work with the final mapping.

I just finished the 28D build so now it's time to start working on the color scheme. When I did the final mapping I had to move some parts around which made me do a lot of work in the color scheme moving the parts there too. But it's all done now so it's time for a coffee break and play my game.. I need a break for a while.

Is anyone planning to do a color scheme for this plane? I ask because if you are I can upload a beta with the final mapping so you can get started on it if you want.
New beta would be good, thanks Technoid.

Here's a new beta with the final mapping so if you're interested in creating a color scheme you can use the TGA file in this beta. The color scheme TGA file changed a lot in the final mapping so don't use a TGA file from any of the other betas I uploaded. Please let me know if you see anything wrong or you modify the physics so I can consider it for the release physics.

The controls for the Canopy and Retracts have been changed to use the standard retract switch (CH7).

Flaps: Channel 6 Knob
Retracts: Channel 7 Switch
Smoke: Channel 8 3 Position Switch Forward (away from you)
Canopy: Channel 8 3 Position Switch Back (towards you)
Smoke Off and Canopy Closed: Channel 8 3 Position Switch in the Center.
Brakes: Down Elevator

AT-28D-5 Nomad 23.jpgAT-28D-5 Nomad 24.jpg

I deleted the beta here's a link to a forum post with the latest beta .

https://forums.realflight.com/index.php?threads/at-28d-5.55877/post-349754

Last edited:
I just got a normal map started for the T-28 I really haven't done anything but start it so no real progress. I'm not sure yet which I'll do first the Camo color scheme for the T-28D or the normal map which will work on both.

I found a picture on wikimedia that has the basic panel lines for the T-28 so I cutout all the parts (fuselage, wing, hstab, vstab) and created templates for each one. So now I'm ready to start making panel lines the next time I work on it. But now it's time for a break.

Here's a new beta with the final mapping so if you're interested in creating a color scheme you can use the TGA file in this beta. The color scheme TGA file changed a lot in the final mapping so don't use a TGA file from any of the other betas I uploaded. Please let me know if you see anything wrong or you modify the physics so I can consider it for the release physics.

The controls for the Canopy and Retracts have been changed to use the standard retract switch (CH7).

Flaps: Channel 6 Knob
Retracts: Channel 7 Switch
Smoke: Channel 8 3 Position Switch Forward (away from you)
Canopy: Channel 8 3 Position Switch Back (towards you)
Smoke Off and Canopy Closed: Channel 8 3 Position Switch in the Center.
Brakes: Down Elevator

View attachment 128481View attachment 128482
Hey technoid buddy, I don't know if you did this on purpose and I don't know if it's just a weird setting on my system, but it took me quite a while to figure out that the retracts on my controller (Interlink DX) are on the lower-right back switch (labeled H) instead of the lower-left back switch (labeled A). None of your other models have that setup. Was that on purpose?

Last edited:
Hey technoid buddy, I don't know if you did this on purpose and I don't know if it's just a weird setting on my system, but it took me quite a while to figure out that the retracts on my controller (Interlink DX) are on the lower-right back switch (labeled H) instead of the lower-left back switch (labeled A). None of your other models have that setup. Was that on purpose?
OPPs I made a mistake when I selected the channel for the retracts so go in the physics and select the Input for Output Channel 7 and change it to "Input Channel 7(Channel 7) that should fix it and then let me know. Sorry about that it works fine here on my InterLink X (Not InterLink DX it's from when I bought RF-X). Here's a picture showing you what I mean. Just click on it and select Input Channel 7(Channel 7) from the drop down list.

Retract Error.jpg

Back