AT-28D-5

I tweaked the flight physics a little this morning so I'll fly it a few more times and then upload a beta. I'll be interested in hearing what you guys think of the camo color scheme. I normally make a camo color scheme very flat looking but this time I left a little "sheen" on it. I saw several pictures of restored T-28Ds that had what looked like a clear coat on them so it had a little "sheen" instead of being totally flat. Anyway let me know what you think after I upload the beta.

I've been thinking about the Gun Trigger problem and there's a solution that "mostly works". I can use an "Airspeed Sensor" as an Enable/Disable control so the CH 8 3 Pos. Switch controls "both" the Canopy Retract and Gun Firing. Here's what would happen.

If you move the CH 8 3 Pos. Switch towards you one of two things will happen.

1. If the Airspeed is Below 20 the Canopy Retracts.
2. If the Airspeed is Above 20 the Guns Fire.

This works pretty good but it's not fool proof. For instance if you go into a Hover the Guns will stop firing and the Canopy will retract. Of course normal flying works fine so when the Airspeed drops below 20 the Gun Enable goes OFF and the Canopy Enable goes ON.

So what are your thoughts on this? I don't normally like tricks.

Sounds feasable to me - especially since hovering an AT28 seems unlikely. And I can't think of any logical reason to WANT to fire the guns in a hover. It would also prevent ground firing the guns, which is probably a good thing. Of course, I doubt that you'd want to open the canopy while hovering, either. I'd say go for it - I don't see any down side.

Last edited:
I doubt that you'd want to open the canopy while hovering
That's for when the aliens are trying to pull the airplane into their ship! Jump out! 😊😄🤭😂
images

1659494799875.jpeg
1659494818543.jpeg

Okay here's a beta of the T-28D Nomad 20% and an AV that enables firing the machine guns. Please check these out for me and let me know anything you find on either one that needs to be fixed.

Controls setup for InterLink Elite

Flaps: Channel 6 Knob
Retracts: Channel 7 Switch
Smoke: Channel 8 3 Position Switch Forward (away from you)
Canopy: Channel 8 3 Position Switch Back (towards you)
Smoke Off and Canopy Closed: Channel 8 3 Position Switch in the Center.
Brakes: Down Elevator

T-28D Nomad 20% Guns AV

Canopy Retract and Machine Gun Trigger control.

2. If the Airspeed is Above 20 the Machine Guns Fire.

T-28D Nomad 20% 11.jpg

Attachments

• T-28D Nomad 20%_EA.RFX
    3.7 MB · Views: 13
  • T-28D Nomad 20% Guns_AV.RFX
    985.1 KB · Views: 10
Hey Tech., the plane is looking great, I really love the camo. CS, a real nice change from the orange/white CS. Anyway, I don`t know what your next project is, so I thought I`d make a suggestion...The YAT-28E, It would put a real nice finishing touch on your lineup/family of T-28`s, sort of like the cherry on top. I`ve included some pics. for you, there`s more out there, just wanted to give you a taste....... It`s a turboprop, and a pretty dang cool looking plane.......Also, here`s a link that has info. and pics. and some specs,...... You can just "scroll" through the pages, and also use the mag. glass to enlarge pages and pics.>>>>>https://www.docdroid.com/vR2E3CQ/north-american-yat-28-articles-and-photos-pdf .

Attachments

• YAT-28 THREE VIEW.PNG
    YAT-28 THREE VIEW.PNG
    51 KB · Views: 5
  • YAT-28E #3.PNG
    YAT-28E #3.PNG
    817.4 KB · Views: 5
  • YAT-28E #4.PNG
    YAT-28E #4.PNG
    147.1 KB · Views: 5
  • YAT-28E.PNG
    YAT-28E.PNG
    908.1 KB · Views: 5
Hey Tech., the plane is looking great, I really love the camo. CS, a real nice change from the orange/white CS. Anyway, I don`t know what your next project is, so I thought I`d make a suggestion...The YAT-28E, It would put a real nice finishing touch on your lineup/family of T-28`s, sort of like the cherry on top. I`ve included some pics. for you, there`s more out there, just wanted to give you a taste....... It`s a turboprop, and a pretty dang cool looking plane.......Also, here`s a link that has info. and pics. and some specs,...... You can just "scroll" through the pages, and also use the mag. glass to enlarge pages and pics.>>>>>https://www.docdroid.com/vR2E3CQ/north-american-yat-28-articles-and-photos-pdf .
Thanks I'm glad you like it. That is a cool looking plane. Right now I don't know what I'm going to do next but I do have something in mind.

Beta looks like a finished product ... Great Job on the aircraft and the physics.
Thanks for your efforts !
Thanks I appreciate your comments. It should be done but I'm going to give it a good look and fly it a bit more before I release it.

Okay here's a beta of the T-28D Nomad 20% and an AV that enables firing the machine guns. Please check these out for me and let me know anything you find on either one that needs to be fixed.

Controls setup for InterLink Elite

Flaps: Channel 6 Knob
Retracts: Channel 7 Switch
Smoke: Channel 8 3 Position Switch Forward (away from you)
Canopy: Channel 8 3 Position Switch Back (towards you)
Smoke Off and Canopy Closed: Channel 8 3 Position Switch in the Center.
Brakes: Down Elevator

T-28D Nomad 20% Guns AV

Canopy Retract and Machine Gun Trigger control.

2. If the Airspeed is Above 20 the Machine Guns Fire.

View attachment 130167
The guns AV works well in my opinion. ;)

Back