AT-28D-5

thank youuuuuu technoid. ?
here's what's it looked like on my 9.5:
View attachment 128535
Okay thanks for posting the picture I've never used an InterLink DX.

I'll create another beta and upload it using the InputChannel 7(Channel 7) like my InterLink-X lists so that must be the same as your Switch A. Then if you don't mind download the new beta when I upload it and import it and make sure it shows the Switch A on your system the way it should and tell me so I know I got it right. Thanks for your help on this.

I started working on the panel lines last night here's a picture of what I've done so far. I guess the fuselage is done so I need to mirror them to do the other side. Then I can start on the rest. This will be a normal map when I get it finished but for now it just looks like normal paint. And I'll add the rivets once the panel lines are finished.

AT-28D-5 Nomad 25.jpg

Then if you don't mind download the new beta when I upload it and import it and make sure it shows the Switch A on your system the way it should and tell me so I know I got it right. Thanks for your help on this.
absolutely, mi amigo. ?

There was an error in the last beta I uploaded so I fixed it and here's a new beta for you. This beta has the final mapping so if you're interested in creating a color scheme you can use the TGA file in this beta. The color scheme TGA file changed a lot in the final mapping so don't use a TGA file from the older betas. Please let me know if you see anything wrong or you modify the physics so I can consider it for the release physics.

Note: The error I fixed affected the retract switch for the new InterLink DX it was supposed to be on Switch A but wasn't. I use the InterLink-X I got when I bought RF-X and the retracts worked fine with it but they used the wrong switch for the new InterLink DX. Thanks @space boy for reporting the problem.

The controls for the Canopy and Retracts have been changed to use the standard retract switch (CH7).

Flaps: Channel 6 Knob
Retracts: Channel 7 Switch
Smoke: Channel 8 3 Position Switch Forward (away from you)
Canopy: Channel 8 3 Position Switch Back (towards you)
Smoke Off and Canopy Closed: Channel 8 3 Position Switch in the Center.
Brakes: Down Elevator

AT-28D-5 Nomad 23.jpgAT-28D-5 Nomad 24.jpg

Attachments

• AT-28D-5 Nomad_EA.RFX
    3.7 MB · Views: 15
Note: The error I fixed affected the retract switch for the new InterLink DX it was supposed to be on Switch A but wasn't. I use the InterLink-X I got when I bought RF-X and the retracts worked fine with it but they used the wrong switch for the new InterLink DX. Thanks @space boy for reporting the problem.
It's fixed, technoid. ?
this is what appeared as soon as I loaded and edited the version you just uploaded:
20220326_133127.jpg

Thank you for the fix, I had the same problem too!
Good deal thanks for letting me know. The odd thing is even though I made a mistake and set it to Input Channel 9 (Channel 7) it worked on the Channel 7 switch on my InterLink-X but I should have selected Input Channel 7 (Channel 7). I'm just glad space boy reported it I sure didn't want to release it with that problem. But since it worked okay for me I wouldn't have looked at it again. Anyway it's fixed now so have fun with it.

Not much to report but I mirrored the fuselage left side panel lines to create the right side so now it's time to work on the vstab. Creating panel lines and rivets is not fun but I thought they would add more realism to the plane so I'll do it. I'm more of a flyer than a looker and you can't see them in the air. But they do look nice in the editor once you get them on the plane.

I added the panel lines to the vstab so here's a picture. Even though I didn't model the scale hinges I added them to the panel lines thinking using them with a normal map will look pretty decent but I'll see what they look like after I get them in RealFlight.

AT-28D-5 Nomad 26.jpg

Actually this one is V2 I did one a few years ago and I'm improving it now.
Ahh, I guess I read this a little late....
I've been flying sims since late 1980's. Flew my first R/C plane in 1999. Had RealFlight Version 1,
waited until last year to get a new one. got 9.5 with transmitter / controller. Love it!
Haven't been in the forums much. Today sounded good. So... Sorry my reply /comment was late.

First iteration of the USAF 354 CS
May tone down panel lines ...
Aircraft fly's great looks good ... the retract position really improved the overall look.

Attachments

• ScreenShot1648404555.jpg
    ScreenShot1648404555.jpg
    659 KB · Views: 16
  • T-28 USAF 354_CS.RFX
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:
First iteration of the USAF 354 CS
May tone down panel lines ...
Aircraft fly's great looks good ... the retract position really improved the overall look.
That looks great. If you want you can use my normal map version of the panel lines when I get them finished. All you have to do is copy the _n.tga file in the plane directory and it works. Yeah when I look at my first version I just shake my head and wonder why I positioned the gear that way, ugh!

Well I finished the vstab and wing panel lines this morning and created a first pass normal map with them. I'll need to adjust some stuff like where the panel line that goes across the wing is placed because now it doesn't align with the orange wing stripes on the tips of the wing but overall I guess they're okay. I'll just say this right off I'm just not a fan of panel lines or at least the ones I create they never seem to look good to me. I have them fairly light and they might need to be "a touch" darker. Anyway please give me your thoughts because I could easily dump them and just go with a normal color scheme. Here's a picture from the RF editor and two taken in flight. So give me your honest thoughts if you don't like them just same "dump them". If you want I can upload a CS with them for you to look at.

AT-28D-5 Nomad 27.jpgAT-28D-5 Nomad 28.jpgAT-28D-5 Nomad 29.jpg

Thanks guys I appreciate your thoughts. And yeah most people like the way normal map panel lines look I'm just the odd one that doesn't care for it. BUT.. I can always release the plane with the normal color scheme and release a normal map panel lines with rivets color scheme at the same time, then everyone can have both.

SO.. I've been tweaking on it and it does look better to me now. There was a couple of places where the panel lines didn't align with the stripes on the plane and I also removed two of the panel lines at the top of the rudder. There were pictures with three lines and others with one line and I thought three lines was too busy looking so I went back and removed the top two lines. So now the rudder only has one line and I think it looks better. Here's two more pictures for you.

AT-28D-5 Nomad 30.jpgAT-28D-5 Nomad 32.jpg

Last edited:
Looks real Good ... most cases, if it looks just good to you, it looks GREAT to me.
I do have a question for you. I was trying to make the painted areas on the USAF CS just a bit shiny as in the picture, but I'm coming up short. Tried _n and _s files of clear, black, white with both the Nomand naming and USAF naming plus changing the reflectivity factor in the Nomad colorschemes file ... but no effect. I'm missing something that's for sure. Need to know what ??????

Back