AT-28D-5

Sorry but I need some opinions again. I'm thinking about doing one more thing before I release the T-28B. When I first designed it, way back, I meant it to be a Radial RC Plane so I added the typical Exhaust Pipes on the bottom of the cowl but since most people buy electric versions I thought it might be nice to move the engine exhaust and smoke to the exhaust panels on the side of the cowl and remove the two exhaust pipes. That way when an electric version is created there won't be any exhaust pipes sticking out of the bottom of the cowl. And of course moving the exhaust and smoke to the exhaust panels on the side of the cowl is where it should be anyway.

SO.. What do you guys think? Is it worth doing?

Good idea, individuals can always add smoke if they want to, personally I turn smoke off.
Thanks. The release will still have the same amount of exhaust and smoke but it will be moved to the center exhaust pipe in the exhaust panel on the side of the cowl. I often turn on the smoke I kind of like watching the plane cut through the sky with smoke on.

Last edited:
I just removed the exhaust pipes on the bottom of the cowl and moved the exhaust and smoke to the center exhaust pipe in the exhaust panel on the side of the cowl. I think it looks good that way and now the exhaust and smoke come out like they do on the real plane, so a little more realism. I guess she's finished now.

Last edited:
I started working on an EP version of the T-28B. I'm not done yet but I got interested in an electric version. Right now it fly's pretty much the same speed as the radial version, top speed about 90.

Motor: Hacker Q80 8M
Battery: 5,000 mah 8S
Prop: Same as before 20x24 3 Blade Sbach

I finished the physics for the EP version I was working on but the battery had to change quite a bit to get 6 minutes of flight time (at full throttle). I guess a 100 inch wingspan plane takes quite a bit of power so I ended up using two 10S 4000 mah batteries in parallel to get enough flight time. So this wouldn't be a cheap plane to fly in real life, but that is a big plane for an electric version. The pitch on the prop also went down so now it's a 18x24 3 blade Sbach. For some reason I like electric planes these days and since I only fly in RealFlight the price of the motor and batteries is free.

Motor: Hacker Q80 8M
Battery: Two 10S 4,000 mah in parallel
Prop: 18x24 3 Blade Sbach

I mentioned a while back I painted the gear white like the real plane has with this color scheme but I never posted a picture of it so I thought I would since they look good painted white. If you look close you can see the detail on the gear doors too. Now I need to finally get busy working on the camo color scheme. But this is the time of a project I always slow down on.. the end.

I guess I'll release it with the panel lines and rivets since they look pretty good now since I've lighted them up.

T-28B Trojan 20% 05.jpg

On another note I was just thinking about what Ryan said about not having an RF-X forum anymore because HorizonHobby didn't buy that part of RealFlight so it still belongs to KnifeEdge Software. So I wonder if this means there isn't an upgrade in the plan to give RealFlight improved graphics like RF-X had? That would truly be sad because I always thought at some point they'd be able to improve RealFlight's graphics.

Back