AT-28D-5

You know every time I think I'm finished with the T-28B I find something else I want to do. I noticed the black stripes on the wing were a little off so I fixed that this morning, another item I hadn't tweaked since I remapped all the parts that changed. I looked over it real good and that seems to be the last thing I needed to fix. Ha.. I've said that before.

I did a bit more work on the physics for the EP version and I think I have it finished now. So at this point I think I'm going to release both the Radial and EP versions as EAs and then take a short break. After that I'll work on the T-28D color scheme. I have to take the wife to get an MRI today so I'll be gone but I'll check in later.

On another note I really like the EP version it's a little lighter and more aerobatic. The Radial is a heavy engine and that extra weight does affect the aerobatics.

Radial Plane Weight: 31.258
Radial Plane Wing Loading: 35.941

Electric Plane Weight: 26.122
Electric Plane Wing Loading: 30.036

Last edited:
Up till now I was using an AV to work on the physics for the EP version but I just got finished creating an EP EA so now I'm really close to releasing both versions, radial and electric. I like releasing both as EAs because if I wanted the EP version I really wouldn't want to get both versions just to get the electric version. I dodn't know what happened but now days I really like the electric versions.

by the way, do you have electric planes in real life, or have you changed preference only in the simulator?
I don't fly in real life anymore because I can't leave the wife alone she's too fragile. What I like about the EPs is the sound profile I use it just sounds good to me. Most of the other electric sound profiles don't do much for me.

I need some help. Here's a beta of the T-28B 20% EP would you mind downloading it and giving it a good look and let me know if you see anything wrong and if it fly's okay to you. Any comments are welcome I just want to make sure everything is okay before I release it. Hey ASJ would you mind giving it a good look in RF-X too and let me know how it works for you there? I haven't imported it in RF-X but I plan to soon I just haven't done it yet. But it would be nice to have your opinion too. Thanks for any help you guys can give me. I like smoke so I left it in the EP version but you can buy smoke kits for EPs.

Controls set for Interlink Elite

Flaps: Channel 6 Knob
Retracts: Channel 7 Switch
Smoke: Channel 8 3 Position Switch Forward (away from you)
Canopy: Channel 8 3 Position Switch Back (towards you)
Smoke Off and Canopy Closed: Channel 8 3 Position Switch in the Center.
Brakes: Down Elevator

T-28B Trojan 20% EP 01.jpg

Attachments

• T-28B Trojan 20% EP_EA.RFX
    3 MB · Views: 13
I agree with Ron6234 the T-28B Trojan 20% EP fly's great.
Only two things I noticed are the smoke continues to be pumped out with the model on the runway and the prop not rotating, and in RF-X the canopy glass becomes invisible. (canopy looks perfect in RF9).
Okay, now I am going back to having a lot of fun flying the T-28B Trojan 20% EP, excellent model thanks Technoid.

I agree with Ron6234 the T-28B Trojan 20% EP fly's great.
Only two things I noticed are the smoke continues to be pumped out with the model on the runway and the prop not rotating, and in RF-X the canopy glass becomes invisible. (canopy looks perfect in RF9).
Okay, now I am going back to having a lot of fun flying the T-28B Trojan 20% EP, excellent model thanks Technoid.
@asj5547 Thanks for the heads up on these. I noticed the glass becomes clear in RF-X I'm wondering if the way I defined the glass for this plane is doing that. You can define the glass name as CS_GLASS_something or CS_SOMETHING_T. The "T" is for transparent so maybe if I change it to CS_GLASS_something it will look better. I set the glass more transparent than I usually do so that might be affecting it too. But I need to try those before I release it and see what happens. Again thanks for the heads up. I usually set the MIN SMOKE value to about 8% I think so maybe just set the Minimum Smoke Value to Zero, that should stop it.

I started playing with a custom prop for the T-28B so I can color it like the color scheme has. (orange and white stripes) Take a look at this as let me know what you think. I'll probably tweak it a little more but it's close.

T-28B Trojan 20% EP 02.jpg

Last edited:
Looks nice, needs a little more brake pressure, I can`t see any panel lines/rivets/detail on the wings, just solid white. Not sure if you can do anything with that though..???...(I`m assuming you did put them on the wings..??)

Looks nice, needs a little more brake pressure, I can`t see any panel lines/rivets/detail on the wings, just solid white. Not sure if you can do anything with that though..???...(I`m assuming you did put them on the wings..??)
Humm.. "needs a little more brake pressure".. ha that went right over my head?

Now for the panel lines and rivets, yes they're on the fuselage and wings but the white washes them out except when you look at an angle across them. Have you downloaded the plane and looked at it in the Editor? You should be able to see them there.

Back