AT-28D-5

Bummer my air conditioner quit working last night. I called the people that installed it and they have a 5 day waiting list for repairs. I told him what it was doing and that I had been an electrician in my younger days so he told me it was probably the starting capacitor and if I felt comfortable replacing it go to the parts store near them and get one. So I just took it out and am getting ready to go get it. Hopefully that will fix it. Ha.. it was a new unit installed in 2017. Five years doesn't seem that old.

it's that time of year, huh! We started ours yesterday, and our capacitor went out last summer too.
Yeah I guess those things don't last too long. The original capacitor was round but the only thing they had was oval and it really won't fit but I have it jury-rigged until I get one I had to order on-line. I talked to the company that installed it new and told them about the 5 day wait for a service call and ask if they'd sell me one but they wouldn't sell me one. He told me about the place I could buy it but I told him they only had an oval one that wouldn't fit. So much for the customer comes first. I've used that place for many many years.

Last edited:
I started getting the T-28B Trojan 20% and T-28B Trojan 20% EP ready for release. I have a Panel Lines and Foam CS (with line and rivets) finished for both of them and the Radial Volume Level has been changed to 50%. So I'm very close now. I need to do a final build for both of them just to make sure everything is okay then write the release notes and take some pictures. Boy there's lots to do when you release two planes at the same time even if they are basically the same thing. Anyway I'll be glad to get a break from them before starting on the T-28D versions.

Ha.. I'm going to tell on myself. A few days ago I was doing a rebuild of the T-28B and did something dumb during the import and it was all screwed up when the import finished. I couldn't figure out what I did wrong but my work was wasted and the plane was messed up so I deleted both planes, the radial and electric versions from my system and deleted all the color schemes too. Then I went through all the directories and deleted anything to do with both planes and said heck with it. That's when I decided I needed a break and started working on the Trident Redux project. So today I went back and did a fresh build of both planes and both color schemes and have everything back to normal again. Then I took some pictures for release so the only thing left to do is write the release notes and create the release directory for both versions with all the build and release files in them.

Last edited:
oooohhhhh I see.
Just for some info on how I model. I have a separate directory on a different hard drive where I keep all my modeling projects so deleting a plane in RealFlight doesn't affect my original source files. And I try to keep that area backed up to an external usb hard drive too. BUT.. I haven't done that for the T-28B yet so I really should do that. I actually lost an entire hard drive not long ago and lost tons of stuff on it. It was a usb external drive that I backed up stuff on, which was a major bummer.

I guess at some point I'll get the T-28B finished but dumb ole me made a change to the release color scheme so I did what should be the final build this morning. Now if I can just force myself to finish the release I'll be done with it. But these days progress seems to be in very short spurts.

I have the final build finished and just tweaked the on board cameras and added a cinema cam. When I fly in RF-X I enjoy flying with the cinema cam it gives me a feeling of flying "with" the plane instead of "inside" the plane it's cool to fly around the island and look at the scenery that way. So I'm finished with it now and should be releasing it next Saturday. I might release one version at a time to spread it out a little. I guess the radial version would be first then the electric version the next week.

Last edited:
OPPs.. In the update in my previous post I said I'd release it this weekend, but being retired and all days feeling the same I didn't realize it was Saturday. I edited my update and fixed the day. So I'll be releasing it next Saturday to give myself time to fly it and make sure nothing else comes up to add or fix. Sorry about that!

I decided to release the radial version of the T-28B Trojan 20% today. There's been changes to several things so if you want the latest changes you should grab the released version. I also released a Panel Lines and Rivets CS and a Foam CS (with panel lines and rivets). Enjoy.

Here's three pictures. (release cs, panel lines cs, foam cs)

T-28B Trojan 20% C1.jpgT-28B Trojan 20% C2.jpgT-28B Trojan 20% C3.jpg

nearly every time you post pictures of your airplanes in the air, I wonder how you did that. which airport is that and how did you pause the plane in mid-air with the prop stopped in order to take a picture of it like that? 🤔🤔🤔

if you'd rather keep it a secret, no problemo. 😊
To freeze the plane in the air, or on the ground for that matter, there are two console commands I put in the startup.rfscript file in the RealFlight 9\Scripts directory. But you can also open the console with the tilde key "~" in the sim and enter them there (close console with "~" key too). I put them in the startup.rfscript so they're always ready when I want to use them but either way works fine. Then in the air I hit the "b" and "n" key at the same time to freeze the plane in place (press the "b" and "n" keys again to unfreeze the plane). As for stopping the engine in this case I used the EP version and just shut the throttle. But you can also use the "k" key to kill the engine. If the plane has more than one engine just repeat the "k" key until all engines stop. I often use the Castle HD field to take pictures from but any of them work just fine. And I've used several others when I wanted something in the background.

Once the plane is frozen in the air use the "q" key to enter "fly" mode and the "a, w, s, d" keys and mouse to move the camera. Pressing the "q" key again will change "modes" so be careful of it there are "fly" "hover", and "walk" modes. And in the air if you choose the "walk" mode you'll start falling to the ground so just press the "q" key again. All those movement commands work on the ground too. You can also use the keypad "+" and "-" keys to zoom in and out. Of course these are for 3d fields.

Console Commands I have in the startup.rfscript file.

bind b lockposition
bind n lockorientation

Last edited:
To freeze the plane in the air, or on the ground for that matter, there are two console commands I put in the startup.rfscript file in the RealFlight 9\Scripts directory. But you can also open the console with the tilde key "~" in the sim and enter them there (close console with "~" key too). I put them in the startup.rfscript so they're always ready when I want to use them but either way works fine. Then in the air I hit the "b" and "n" key at the same time to freeze the plane in place (press the "b" and "n" keys again to unfreeze the plane). As for stopping the engine in this case I used the EP version and just shut the throttle. But you can also use the "k" key to kill the engine. If the plane has more than one engine just repeat the "k" key until all engines stop. I often use the Castle HD field to take pictures from but any of them work just fine. And I've used several others when I wanted something in the background.

Once the plane is frozen in the air use the "q" key to enter "fly" mode and the "a, w, s, d" keys and mouse to move the camera. Pressing the "q" key again will change "modes" so be careful of it there are "fly" "hover", and "walk" modes. And in the air if you choose the "walk" mode you'll start falling to the ground so just press the "q" key again. All those movement commands work on the ground too. You can also use the keypad "+" and "-" keys to zoom in and out. Of course these are for 3d fields.

Console Commands I have in the startup.rfscript file.

bind b lockposition
bind n lockorientation
oh wow. there is so much excellent information in that. thank you so much.

Back