legoman

Avro York_EA

legoman

legoman submitted a new upload:

Avro York_EA

he Avro York was a British transport aircraft developed by Avro during the Second World War. The design was derived from the Avro Lancaster heavy bomber, several sections of the York and Lancaster being identical. Due to the importance of Lancaster production, York output proceeded at a slow pace until 1944, after which a higher priority was placed upon transport aircraft.

The York saw service in military and civilian roles with various operators between 1943 and 1964. In civilian service...

View the Swap Page

legoman submitted a new upload:
i like the black stripes on the wings. do you suppose they are part of the scheme, or possibly from engine smoke?
attardyorkd.jpg

attardyorkb.jpg

attardyorkc.jpg

Last edited:
I believe this plane would have been powered by RR-Merlins. The Merlin was pretty much the standard power for RAF planes including the Lancaster, Shackelton, Mosquito and the Spitfire and Hurricane.

I believe this plane would have been powered by RR-Merlins. The Merlin was pretty much the standard power for RAF planes including the Lancaster, Shackelton, Mosquito and the Spitfire and Hurricane.

it is powered by merlins.

while the Merlin was pretty much the standard power for RAF planes. the late spitfire had switched to rolls-royce griffons, all the shackletons had griffons, and lancaster b.II had radials.

Lancaster_B_Mark_II_of_115_Squadron_RAF_1943_IWM_CH_19792.jpg

it is powered by merlins.

while the Merlin was pretty much the standard power for RAF planes. the late spitfire had switched to rolls-royce griffons, all the shackletons had griffons, and lancaster b.II had radials.

Lancaster_B_Mark_II_of_115_Squadron_RAF_1943_IWM_CH_19792.jpg
Pretty Cool, The one I saw fly at the RAF Bentwaters airshow back in '73 was powered by 'Merlins'

Back