B-52? Stratofortress Build

legoman

With the Skyraider finished and posted. I decided to start up a b-52 build thread because the one we have is meh with pizza cutter tires, a lack luster wing, and no droppable items or at least eye candy.

I am thinking of doing something like the skyraider with its armament. the only things I have committed to in my head are 108x Mk-82 bombs, sky bolt ballistic missiles, 2x Mk-39 nuclear bombs and maybe more. Maybe even multiple variants

Last edited:
I posted one of these picture on the skyraider's thread. but though I should post it here as well

Attachments

• B-52 Build Pic 02.jpg
    B-52 Build Pic 02.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 11
  • B-52 Build Pic 03.jpg
    B-52 Build Pic 03.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 9
Wow I feel Like this build is going over horribly. So should I do something else off this list or perhaps a different bomber that has not been done yet?

Okay I was talking earlier today (after the post) and my friend reminded me its summer vacation season.

But I found this pic earlier. Got lift?
attachment.php

Attachments

• B-52 tail max diffeltion.png
    B-52 tail max diffeltion.png
    271.1 KB · Views: 402
Last edited:
thanks for starting on this one
I have the current version that's on the swaps and I have no editing skills whatsoever so I was really disappointed with it, so really excited for this one.

cant wait

here is the powerplant it is using: 8x Hacker Stream-Fans 120/700 on 8x 10S 6600 mah 55C batteries

Attachments

• the powerplant.jpg
    the powerplant.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 5
three of these clips are going in the bomb bay

Attachments

• 2018-08-26 21_44_00-Window.jpg
    2018-08-26 21_44_00-Window.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 12
Three clips of 25 bombs, WOW, are you going to drop them in one big cluster or do a sequential 75 bomb release. This is going to be a great model.

three racks of 28 not 25 and two sets of 12 on the wing racks for sequential 108. I know I will have to reduce the aerodynamic load to about 20% (estimate) on the sim on the bombs in the bombbay to keep rf from "chugging" at a low fps from physics calculations.

Very impressive Legoman, Reminds me of watching bomb droppings on TV in Nam from B-52`s. They just never seemed to stop coming from the plane.

three racks of 28 not 25 and two sets of 12 on the wing racks for sequential 108. I know I will have to reduce the aerodynamic load to about 20% (estimate) on the sim on the bombs in the bombbay to keep rf from "chugging" at a low fps from physics calculations.

108 sequential bomb drops, glad I don't have to program that lot.

The custom prop looks great.

general RC electric question. What duty cycle percentage can I run batteries at before heating becomes an issue? ex. right now on takeoff the b-52 is pulling 688 amps in total and 250-400 amp total at cruise and the battery continuous amp cap is 2,904 with the burst amps 5280.

Am I in the clear to mount the batteries in the top of the fuselage or do I need to stuff them in the nacelles for airflow?

Back