B-52? Stratofortress Build

I think the cockpit is almost done I don't think I am going to load up the cockpit with a full complement of animated gauges just to preserve FPS for the average/low end computers.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• B-52 Build Pic 39 map.jpg
    B-52 Build Pic 39 map.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 76
  • B-52 Build Pic 40 map.jpg
    B-52 Build Pic 40 map.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 77
Great work Legoman, we have lots of levers to play with and lots of room on the instrument panel for gauges, animated gauges or not this will look awesome.

The four "Blisters" are they the electronics modules/equipment ?
What is the oval cover at the rear, is that for the drag chute ?

The four "Blisters" are they the electronics modules/equipment ?
What is the oval cover at the rear, is that for the drag chute ?

The drag chute is stored on the top of the fuselage just behind the Vertical tail. I am not sure which oval you are referring to. but from bottom to top the stuff on the back end of the fuselage is radar receiver, old gun mount, radar transmitter, radar receiver, radar receiver. I assume the three receivers are for triangulation of approaching planes but one or more may be for countermeasures as well. the ones on the sides of the fuse and v-tail are jamming and maybe sidelooking radar for missles

Mapping almost complete

Mapped the cockpit today a few more little thing to map and maybe the tires

attachment.php

Attachments

• B-52 Build Pic 42 map.jpg
    B-52 Build Pic 42 map.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 47
Should I put something in the intakes to cover the rc engine and make it look more "scale"

Attachments

• B-52 Build Pic 43.jpg
    B-52 Build Pic 43.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
That looks good, here`s a pic. of the real deal, (I`m sure you`ve seen one ;) ) not sure about cone size though, I`m sure they`ve chaned over the years

Attachments

• ScreenShot403.jpg
    ScreenShot403.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 7
That looks good, here`s a pic. of the real deal, (I`m sure you`ve seen one ;) ) not sure about cone size though, I`m sure they`ve chaned over the years

Yes I have seen it before. here is a more accurate version
attachment.php

Attachments

• B-52 Build Pic 45.jpg
    B-52 Build Pic 45.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 32
That looks fantastic !!! I`m guessing they`re gonna spin. ??? Gotta a question...Are the ones that appear black in color/front stationary it`s kinda hard too tell :confused:

Last edited:
That looks fantastic !!! I`m guessing they`re gonna spin. ??? Gotta a question...Are the ones that appear black in color/front stationary it`s kinda hard too tell :confused:

Yes that back disk will spin. the only thing left to do is finish the collision mesh

Back