Blowing Off The Dust

abaser

So tonight I decided to take a look at a few of the old files that I still have and try to decide if things are salvageable after losing most of my stuff in a crash. I do have a couple models that seem to be useable, but I can't seem to find any of the .tga files for any of them. Max is recognizing them, but for the life of me I can't figure out where they are. Anyway, if I do manage to find those files, this just might be the first model that I try and finish. It's the closest one to being finished so it just makes sense to go for this one and refresh my memory on the import process again. If I have to restart, I'll most likely just trash these files and try to start a new project.

Attachments

• KT.jpg
    KT.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 7
  • KT2.jpg
    KT2.jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 10
Well Andy, It sure would be nice see you back around again. We have some great modelers here Legoman, Technoid and Fly electric, .....would be nice to add you too that list, you`ve always been great at modeling. My heart tells/wants me too do another model, but I just don`t have the brain power for computers/modeling programs, it`s over my head, I`ve admitted that to myself, hopefully, I just might do another CS one day ????? The last three I did were on Legomans great DC-3, check em out ...;););)

Yes it's definitely good to see you back you were one of my teachers and I'd love to see you start modeling again. On a different note do you still have the ZIP files I emailed you a long time ago of the stuff you sent me? If you do that TGA file is in the 2nd zip file I sent you. If you don't have it let me know and I'll email it to you again. The ZIP filename was Andy Baser 2.zip.

Ill check my files once again tonight. I think I recall seeing those zip files. Just goes to show I’m a little rusty. I was thinking they had to be in the same folder as the model, but the light bulb just came on. :p

Ok, I found all of the files for this one and started going through it checking things out. I spent some time touching up the CS, fixing a few minor modeling issues that stuck out, And started checking pivots. That's when I found an issue that has plagued me on another project that I was never able to find an answer to. On my other project, it was the wheels. I could create a perfect wheel in max, and the rotation was flawless. Once imported into RF, I would immediately notice a bounce as the model would start to roll. upon closer inspection, the wheel would actually deform as it rotated. Well, this time it's my tail gear. As it rotates, it deforms. Now, I know a lot of people would say that's not a big deal, it'll never be seen anyway. I'm not a lot of people though. This tells me there is something wrong with the file because no matter how many wheels I would create, even brought in a few wheels in from files that were previously uploaded with no issues, the problem would ALWAYS appear when uploaded. So, I might try to create another gear just to test this theory, but this model is most likely dead. I am most likely going to find a new project and just start over fresh.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 07-23-19 at 10.29 PM.PNG
    Screen Shot 07-23-19 at 10.29 PM.PNG
    69.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Screen Shot 07-23-19 at 10.29 PM 001.PNG
    Screen Shot 07-23-19 at 10.29 PM 001.PNG
    62.2 KB · Views: 7
Andy. you know I`ve only modeled one model, which you helped me with a great deal, and I thank you so much for that, SO, (I`ve got at least a little experience) I`m shooting from the hip here...... I`m looking at the wheel in the center, (the one with the spokes) the outer wheel/circle appears to be "round", BUT, the "inner wheel" does not, SO, looking at the "spokes", I see that they`re not spaced/distributed evenly, thus, making the inner portion/circle distorted (out of round), WHICH, would rotate on it`s "axle"/axis like the way your`re describing, SO, could the fact THAT it`s not "round" be a possible cause of the problem.....?????

UT, no matter if it’s out of round or not, all points should rotate around the pivot point equally and maintain its shape. The mesh of this part is stretching as it rotates. What you’re looking at is a top view of the tail gear assembly. The round part it the bolt that would hold it on the plane, and is all one piece. This entire thing is made from one cylinder.

Back