Bought Realflight 9.5S Via Steam - Unable to activate

arshish1612

Hi,

I just bought RF9.5S via Steam and it wont start. I get an error stating:

Error communicating with activation Server. The backup attempt failed with code 9608.

Can someone help me with this. Im on Windows 11.

Im Getting error 21109 -
Error communicating with activation Server. The backup attempt failed with code 9608.

Just bought 9.5S via steam and it wont work!

Last edited:
What kind of Graphics Card do you have? RealFlight sometimes has problems with Radeon cards.

Its the intel integrated graphics however I doubt its got anything to do with the graphics card because i cannot even get into the game. I receive the error before the game starts

Reading your first post again I've seen that type of error before but I don't know anything about it, sorry. I imagine someone will help.

That sounds like a problem with steam not Realflight. Think he was asking the wrong people,

Too late as appear he’s asked for refund and gone.

Apologies, glad your still with us. I did see you’d had asked on stream too which is good. I wondered if your firewall could be blocking the activation server or maybe the server is down . It maybe worth keep trying.

Just a thought, did you have an internet connection at the time you tried to activate it.

@arshish1612, sorry you've had trouble getting RealFlight 9.5S going. Hopefully this will help.

The normal activation process works for almost everybody. We have a backup method in place to catch the few who fail the first approach. However, past a certain recent date (I don't know it off the top of my head) that backup method needed an update to keep working and it hadn't been pushed out yet. So when the first method failed for you, unfortunately the second one was guaranteed to fail as well.

On Wednesday afternoon that update went out. You may not have received it yet, though. Much like, say, a phone company, Steam staggers update rollouts so they don't hit everyone everywhere at exactly the same time. You can ensure you're current though by exiting your Steam client all the way and restarting it. Note that It's not enough to just click the 'X' to close the Steam client; it will keep running in the background. If any updates are available, either for 9.5S or for any other titles you might own through Steam, it will see them after the restart.

Please try that and see if it gets you up and running.

All of the activation methods rely on our executables communicating with our server via port 80 (the standard HTTP port). If you're still experiencing a failure after the above, I recommend checking for anything that might be blocking that. The main method requires both RealFlightHelper.exe and RealFlightHelper_Admin.exe.

Minor correction: The main activation method uses port 80 while the backup method uses port 443. Both are standard web traffic ports.

Back