Bowers Fly Baby Float

GTX 4070 would also increase the speed in 3ds max, rendering, modelling and mapping.
The GTX 1080 certainly improved RF-X, airplanes and heli's but helicopters were still a problem (delayed response to stick input) the GTX 2080 helped a lot with that issue but for some reason landing a heli still had to be done very gently or it would just self-explode (break apart) the good news is the GTX 4080 makes heli flying extremely easy, and landings are not a problem.

GTX 4070 would also increase the speed in 3ds max, rendering, modelling and mapping.
The GTX 1080 certainly improved RF-X, airplanes and heli's but helicopters were still a problem (delayed response to stick input) the GTX 2080 helped a lot with that issue but for some reason landing a heli still had to be done very gently or it would just self-explode (break apart) the good news is the GTX 4080 makes heli flying extremely easy, and landings are not a problem.
That's interesting about the 4080 and landing helicopters. I never fly copters so that's not a problem for me. Now the extra speed in 3ds Max would be nice. You never know what I'll do. I was about ready to buy an Asus 4070 but then I realized how well the 1080 was performing for me. But we'll see as time goes by. I'd need to upgrade my CPU too because I'm still running that 6700K.

Do they have the oversized fans the MSI version uses? And are they used or new? Thanks.
A google search on "GTX-1080 fan" brought up quite a few listings. I don't know which of them would fit your MSI. There were a bunch of different ones. I saw them from about $10-50, and at least some of them said "new." I don't recall that any of them that said "used." It's at least worth looking into.

A google search on "GTX-1080 fan" brought up quite a few listings. I don't know which of them would fit your MSI. There were a bunch of different ones. I saw them from about $10-50, and at least some of them said "new." I don't recall that any of them that said "used." It's at least worth looking into.
Okay thanks. Right now everything is working fine but I run the computer 24/7 and it's been years since I got it. I'll take a look.

Okay thanks. Right now everything is working fine but I run the computer 24/7 and it's been years since I got it. I'll take a look.
Me too. I shut it down once in a while to blow the dust out, but otherwise, the only times it's shut down is to reboot after updates. I finally got smart & don't keep my interlink plugged in 24/7 anymore, so at least it will sleep now.

Me too. I shut it down once in a while to blow the dust out, but otherwise, the only times it's shut down is to reboot after updates. I finally got smart & don't keep my interlink plugged in 24/7 anymore, so at least it will sleep now.
I normally reboot it each night when I go to bed and it will go to sleep on a fresh boot with the InterLink-X plugged in. Speaking of the InterLink-X I remember when I first got it I thought it felt cheap and would die quickly, it's lasted longer than 2 InterLink Elites and is still going fine.

I guess it's time for a small update on the float version. Doug sent me the physics he did for the float version and said I could tweak it if I wanted so I took a look at it and tweaked it some and sent it back to him to test. Once he checks it out I'll start getting it ready to release. He did a couple of things I didn't think about so I learned something about floats. So thanks Doug for your work on this project.

I guess it's time for a small update on the float version. Doug sent me the physics he did for the float version and said I could tweak it if I wanted so I took a look at it and tweaked it some and sent it back to him to test. Once he checks it out I'll start getting it ready to release. He did a couple of things I didn't think about so I learned something about floats. So thanks Doug for your work on this project.
i just checked tech's tweaks and i think the Bowers Fly Baby Float plane flys excellent , i been having fun with it :) On the computer talk i am still running my old Asus game machine built in 2012 still does everything i need but i will be looking for a new game maching at some point soon

Last edited:
Doug mentioned one more thing that would be good to add so before I release the plane I'll add it. Right now I'm a little burned out so I'll take a little break before I finish it.

I added the last item Doug mentioned to the physics this morning and started getting it ready to release. I updated the Burgundy Ribs CS for the float version and might do the same thing for the yellow cs, not sure about that one.

Doug and I have been working on the float physics in an AV so I took the AV and updated the real physics. So now I'm ready to do a release build in RealFlight Evolution (I still model in the RF9.5 DVD version). I guess I'll do like I did before release it in the normal red and white version and also release the normal yellow cs the same day. Then I'll release the ribbed cs a week later.

I'm still thinking about deleting the Fly Baby Bipe and re-releasing it as Bowers Fly Baby Bipe so all of them will be the same name.

I just deleted the Fly Baby Bipe EA and Fly Baby Bipe Ribs CS. I'll re-release them as Bowers Fly Baby Bipe EA and CS soon. The EA had 129 downloads the Ribs CS had 39 downloads.

I went back and renamed the Fly Baby Bipe EA and CS to Bowers Fly Baby Bipe getting ready to release it again. Boy that's lots of work just to keep all three planes named the same, but that's the way it should be. I do wish I realized I was going to model all of them and thought it through better.

Very nice looking prop. Tech I have a question. You seem to be pretty good at making props. The 3D planes that people fly on Real flight, most people like to use the Mejzlik Carbon Fiber Narrow prop on everything, and in all the testing I have done it is not a very good prop. It is extremely inefficient and slips a lot. It looks very nice on the planes though. My favorite props to use for the 3D planes are the Zinger Scale Wood or the Zinger Standard Wood. they are very efficient and responsive. Could you create a prop to have the same performance as the Zinger's but look like the carbon fiber prop. Talking in the future some time? :unsure: ;)

Last edited:
Very nice looking prop. Tech I have a question. You seem to be pretty good at making props. The 3D planes that people fly on Real flight, most people like to use the Mejzlik Carbon Fiber Narrow prop on everything, and in all the testing I have done it is not a very good prop. It is extremely inefficient and slips a lot. It looks very nice on the planes though. My favorite props to use for the 3D planes are the Zinger Scale Wood or the Zinger Standard Wood. they are very efficient and responsive. Could you create a prop to have the same performance as the Zinger's but look like the carbon fiber prop. Talking in the future some time? :unsure: ;)
I'll keep it in mind.

Back