Bug Report in Aircraft Editor

mwilson914

I found that you are not supposed to be able to paste a detachable item after copying, or so it would seem. The paste option is grayed out after copying the detachable item. If you click on the paste text it appears to do nothing just as you would expect a grayed out option to react. However, if you save then exit to the sim, then go back into the editor, the detachable item you wanted to paste is now there.

I like being able to copy and paste detachable items rather than having to create an entirely new item from scratch each time. I would like to see the option to paste the item stay rather than be taken away if possible. I'm not sure what the intent is here.

Here are screenshots of the error. Notice in the 4th screen capture the GBU-31_12 copy now magically appears in the list.

Attachments

• capture_01.jpg
    capture_01.jpg
    440.4 KB · Views: 15
  • capture_02.jpg
    capture_02.jpg
    407.7 KB · Views: 8
  • capture_03.jpg
    capture_03.jpg
    407.8 KB · Views: 10
  • capture_04.jpg
    capture_04.jpg
    397 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
I found that when you paste multiple detachable items to the fuselage it will show only the number of items you pasted, but somehow a few more copys exist after you save and exit the editor into the sim. I attached 5 copies of the bombs for the F-15E and set all 6 up to be in the proper position. When I went to fly the F-15E it was banking to the left. I opened the editor and found 3 or four additional bombs on the left side which were all copied from the first GBU-12_01 detachable object.

Back