Bugatti 100P

The vent details on the main wings has been added. Also note the flaps & spoilers.

Attachments

• Image07.jpg
    Image07.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 25
  • Image08.jpg
    Image08.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 23
Models looks Great !!!!!

Just wanted to say the model is coming along very nicely Dhk79. Looks like another well made model. Thanks to all the aircraft model designers who have contributed so much of there time and effort. We all appreciate such giving people
and the talent here is remarkable. Ski <><

Attachments

• IM000090.JPG
    IM000090.JPG
    138.1 KB · Views: 28
pplace said:
Ahh I see you added hinges inside the flaps. Nice touch!
Yeah, I figured that they would be visible.

Now all the vent details on the fuselage took it over 8000 polys, so I have to add C-Meshes. I was hoping to get away without them, but no dice. New RF picture soon, after I re-import it. These are from the modeler.

BTW, I've gotten the physics model up to 500 scale MPH (straight & level). That matches what the "design" speed puts it at. But since the prototype never flew, that's only based the engineer's best guess.

Attachments

• Image09.jpg
    Image09.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 20
  • Image10.jpg
    Image10.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Image11.jpg
    Image11.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
took it over 8000 polys, so I have to add C-Meshes

Doug, just curious as to why you'd prefer not to use C-Meshes....I think earlier in this thread or another you mentioned most of your recent models have been under the 8000 poly limit? Any reasons? Just curious I guess.

Mostly to support those people who have less than optimal PCs. A few of my earlier models were probably pushing the 20K limit and some people reported lags when using them. A couple of the models, I've actually completely redone to support these users.

Since then I've focused on lean modeling, experimenting with just how rough it can be and still look good. Believe it or not, the lean method takes more effort.

Believe it or not, the lean method takes more effort.

Oh I'm sure it does......it'd be like making a basketball out of a box!!haha
(I've just never been able to do anything "resonable" in my life.........seems like I always have to push the boundaries and go all the way) But you have an excellent reason to stay a bit reserved!! They appreciate it!

New picture

Here's an updated shot. Even though I haven't finished the tail feathers, I'm going to move on to the texture map. At least for the canopy, as I want to be able to see in there.

Attachments

• Image12.jpg
    Image12.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 15
The picture says it all.

Attachments

• Image13.jpg
    Image13.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 33
  • Image14.jpg
    Image14.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Wingman57 said:
where does the pilot sit?
Since this a a model of an RC electric, I haven't decided if I'm going to put one in here.

In the full scale plane the pilot is nearly laying down in the front. The engines are in the rear, with drive shafts running down alongside the pilot.

I've got a club meeting that I'm heading off to shortly, so don't plan on getting much more done tonight.

Here's a preview, for those who might wish to look at it. I have not yet modeled the tail feathers, nor done much of the texture map. The physics are also still basic, as all the mixes and trims haven't been tweaked. Flaps are on the knob & spoilers are on the 3-Pos switch. The intermixes for these two have not been set up yet, so only one set of surfaces move with each control.

Last edited:
Tail modeling complete.

I guess the colorscheme (such as it is) is also done, unless I add additional markings that the original prototype didn't have. I already added the side logo, as I thought it added a touch of class. One of the write-ups I found on this aircraft said that no one was 100% sure if this was to be the final color, it might have just been a base coat.

What say the masses?

I've started tweaking the flight model and should have it ready to go this evening.

Doug

Attachments

• Image15.jpg
    Image15.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 36
myfly021 said:
mine only goe 100mph whats the secret to get this thing to top speed
As Phrank said, that is the model's actual top speed and it equates to 500 "scale" MPH. An actual 500 MPH is above the limits for RF any way.

rcplanefubar said:
Is that a Lipo battery I see behind the motors?
That it is (a four pack of 3S 2100 mah, actually) :D Ganged together it will give you the 6S 4200 mah that this thing needs to fly. In real life, I like ganging smaller packs together rather than using one huge one. That way if one cell goes bad, I don't have to replace the whole thing (or take it apart). So I modeled it the same way.

Here's some shots showing how I set up the Flaps & Spoilers.

With the 3-Pos switch in the forward position, you have normal operations. The flaps work off of the knob and this is suitable for most flight modes.

Attachments

• Image16_Cruise.jpg
    Image16_Cruise.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Image17_NormFlap.jpg
    Image17_NormFlap.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 10
Back