Build poll Summer 2022

which one?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
a quick reminder to anyone to has not voted yet and wants to, the poll ends late on Saturday night (three after midnight on sunday morning but still).

I seem to be the only one voting for the Flettner. My reason is that I'd LOVE to see those intersecting contra-rotating rotors. I've seen coaxials & fore/aft rotors like the Chinook, but not rotors that intersect like that. I'm hoping this will encourage someoue to change their vote.

Last edited:
if i
I'd LOVE to see those intersecting contra-rotating rotors
I really wonder how @legoman will do those rotors. 🤔🤔🤔🤔 Keeping them actually intermeshed at all speeds will be quite a puzzle because there isn't a physical linkage between them to keep them at the same (but opposite) speeds. 🤔🤔🤔

Last edited:
That's EXACTLY why I want to see it. Not that I'd necessarily understand how he did it in RF. I can't quite understand even how it COULD work, even in real life. How do you control YAW? With coaxial, just vary the speed of one rotor vs the other to make it yaw either way. How is that possible if the rotors intersect? Independent pitch on the rotors? Wouldn't that mess with roll, too? I haven't been able to wrap my head around it. Come on people... please get on board with me. I REALLY want to see it work. There doesn't seem to be much that's unique for the other 3 choices. Let's play "Stump the Builder"!

Last edited:
I noticed, and assumed that was the case. AFAIK, the votes are secret. But I could be wrong about that. I admit that I didn't even try to figure out exactly who voted for which heli. P.S. I'm wrong. I CAN see who voted for what. WAIT - YOU voted 3 times! Is that allowed? and I see other multiple voters, too. Uncle Twist voted twice. I assumed that since I had only the option to change my vote, that only one vote per user would count. I wonder if I could vote about 3 times for the Flettner to stuff the ballot box.

I wonder if the results are binding. :unsure: Does @legoman HAVE to build the one with the most votes? Or can we force him to build ALL the top models if there is a tie? We only need ONE more vote right now for a 3-way tie!

Last edited:
Well, apparently I can't stuff the ballot box. I tried to vote again, and I still only voted once. I'm not a heli guy, so I really don't want to undermine my own choice by casting a second vote for a different one.

• Well, apparently I can't stuff the ballot box. I tried to vote again, and I still only voted once. I'm not a heli guy, so I really don't want to undermine my own choice by casting a second vote for a different one.
Your single, changeable vote can be for any combination of the choices.

for example, your single vote could be for any one of these combinations:
  • 1 2
  • 1 3
  • 1 4
  • 1 3 4
  • 1 2 3
  • 1 2 4
  • 1 2 3 4
  • 2 3
  • 2 4
  • 2 3 4
  • 3 4
(there are probably other permutations, but my brain cell is starting to get tangled. 😂)

Last edited:
I guess I ***-u-me'd that the choices were radio button (exclusive choice) rather than check boxes that allow several simultaneous choices. But I still don't want to undermine my own vote. Would you care to retract some of your choices to let Flettner win? Maybe voter intimidation will work where ballot box stuffing didn't.

You're right about the radio-buttons vs check boxes. 😊 I don't want to manipulate my vote as you suggest.

But, I believe you can trust that the forum will correctly re-tally your multiple-choice vote if you change it.

It did for me.

But I don't WANT to multi-vote. All the other choices are variations of well-understood conventional designs. They basically just LOOK different from each other with no operational/theoretical differences. Flettner is dramatically different. I can understand THAT contra-rotating rotors can control torque... but I can't imagine HOW, like I can with coaxial rotors. It seems like an interesting problem.

DAMMIT, I'm pretending to be a campaign worker drumming up votes. Don't mess it up!
Besides, legoman asked for our opinions, but didn't commit himself to DO what our votes say we want. I just wanted to explain WHY I voted the way I did. Others might not have thought about that aspect of it when they voted. And I don't expect you to change your vote... that was very much tongue-in-cheek.

I can't tell if you're serious. 🤔🤔
I was fine-tuning that post to make it clear that it IS a joke while you were posting this. But I guess I need to be even MORE careful about my slightly warped sense of humor. Well, "slightly" in MY mind. You can't see me laughing to myself as I'm typing stuff like that. Funny, that's caused other problems recently.

You're a fun character. If only see could hear each other's voices, huh!

looky:
edit: i changed the link to go to page 1 of that thread.

Back