Building airfields using external programs

Jarbcd

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and I have a few questions
My copy of real flight arrives later this week, but I wanted to get a head start on new fields.

What do I need to know about creating them? Would it be possible to create the level in another progran such as unreal engine and import it into real flights engine?

You will be using the airport editor inside RealFlight to create custom airports and flying sites. This is the only way to create them.

You will also be using stock static items modeled in the simulator unless you have access to a copy of 3dsmax 2012 32bit edition to be able to create your own objects for RealFlight. Blender is also a option but not as widely used. Blender has a lower poly count limit of 20, 000 poly's.

Last edited:
Thanks for the response, guys.
So it gets here later this week, when it does, what file formats will I be exporting to in order to import them into RF?
Also, how comprehensive is the editor? Can I, for example change the shape of the landscape? Change the texture and models of the grass and ground?

RealFlight only allows you to import files created by RealFlight itself in the form of .rfx files for aircraft and airports and KEX files created by the 3dsmax exporter for RealFlight. You cannot modify the terrain but you can add and remove water and individual trees, grass etc. There's approximately 10, 000 Sq miles of terrain to work with though. Not to mention a couple other smaller areas a couple square miles each.

Back