c-130 bounces when it starts rolling

RichLynnMan

I have a c130 model file that I got off the swap pages. Every time it starts rolling it bounces to the left drastically. Any suggestions on how to correct this? Any help would be appreciated. Am new to rf9 but my son has a c130 model. Would like some stick time before I try it out on the airplane.

Richard

The bouncing most likely is the stiffness setting for the gear setup. You did not say what gear, but most likely the nose/steering gear.
The going left is most likely the combination of Engine:
1: Helical Wash Rotation Factor %
2.) Back Torque Factor %

If your familiar with RF Editor - Tab "Aircraft" second item down 'Edit'
Under the Tab "Physics"
1. Easiest way … Find the "gear" (either steering gear or main gear) scroll down and under "Gear Type" select 'Scale Gear'. My guess is it is set to Springy Scale Gear. The % Stiffness then does not apply.

2.) Select "Engine type" scroll down and find the two above mentioned items and reduce either or both until the desired flight characteristics are met.

The engines may be under "main wing / cowling". You will need to adjust all of them to be the same.

If you stop the jumping, that may fix the going left problem. Some going left can be caused just from normal engine torque.

The bouncing most likely is the stiffness setting for the gear setup. You did not say what gear, but most likely the nose/steering gear.
The going left is most likely the combination of Engine:
1: Helical Wash Rotation Factor %
2.) Back Torque Factor %

If your familiar with RF Editor - Tab "Aircraft" second item down 'Edit'
Under the Tab "Physics"
1. Easiest way … Find the "gear" (either steering gear or main gear) scroll down and under "Gear Type" select 'Scale Gear'. My guess is it is set to Springy Scale Gear. The % Stiffness then does not apply.

2.) Select "Engine type" scroll down and find the two above mentioned items and reduce either or both until the desired flight characteristics are met.

The engines may be under "main wing / cowling". You will need to adjust all of them to be the same.

If you stop the jumping, that may fix the going left problem. Some going left can be caused just from normal engine torque.
I went through and changed the landing gear and all the engines are identical. Nothing affects the jumping. Thanks for the reply. I think the weights are off from the original model but I don't know what they should be.

Check the gear type and see if it's a "springy" type gear. If it is change it to the same type but without the "springy" in the name. The sound when you land will go up but the bouncing should stop.

I went through and changed the landing gear and all the engines are identical. Nothing affects the jumping. Thanks for the reply. I think the weights are off from the original model but I don't know what they should be.
When I mentioned the engines 'all being the same', I meant … change them all to the reduced settings so they are all the same.
Technoid stated it better … make the landing gear selection without 'springy' as the gear type.
I don't believe that model weight is the problem, unless it is very tail heavy … which would certainly not allow the plane to fly well either.
If you supply the name of the aircraft, we can take a look at the physics .
Good Luck !

I've attached a zip file containing c130 airplane file and recording of action. Hope this helps. It was recorded in RF-9

Attachments

• C-130_EA.zip
    549.3 KB · Views: 15
I downloaded it and installed it. It doesn't have springy gear but it bounces like it does. I looked around but didn't see anything maybe PilotAt6 will have better luck. It does weigh a lot and doesn't have a collision mesh so that might be part of the problem.

I downloaded it and installed it. It doesn't have springy gear but it bounces like it does. I looked around but didn't see anything maybe PilotAt6 will have better luck. It does weigh a lot and doesn't have a collision mesh so that might be part of the problem.
thanks so very much for looking.

Has this been sized up from something and the physics left so they don't match ? If so that can be why it's bouncing.

Try this AV, you will probably have to reduce engine power, fly's unrealistically fast especially with the thrusters turned on. !!!

Attachments

• C-130 With JATO By J Walker_AV.rfx
    25.8 KB · Views: 14
Here are two more AV's for Crashedagain's C-130A model.

Attachments

• C-130 by tesla000_AV.rfx
    24.8 KB · Views: 16
  • C-130 With Rockets By Stewybaby_AV.rfx
    23.5 KB · Views: 10
A have a version of that aircraft that flew well in RF7, but I just tried it in RF8 and it ground handles terrible.
I scaled it so that it's weight was 80 lbs., but it acts as though it's about 1 lb. As soon as power is applied it wants to float on the wheels and banks left.
Tried a lot of adjusting on lift, air foils and such with no luck.
Could it have been developed for a very early version of RF, and now does not match the physics "engine" ???

Here are two more AV's for Crashedagain's C-130A model.

I tried the first, and it could work. Over-powered and needs balanced.
Since I don't know what the flight characteristics are, I don't know if it flies realistic. But it could be made to fly and ground handle O.K.
Thanks for sharing !!! :cool:

asj5547,
Thanks for the three c-130s. If I put switch B in pos 2 the power cuts back and acts normal. Otherwise they take off with the throttle in the zero position. Thanks again for the files.

Yeah, switch B controls the rocket thrusters, (definitely not needed), I deleted them on the C-130 I fly.

Back