Camera Tilt for Quad Racing in RF Drone?

SpeedGeek

I apologize in advance if this was discussed - can I change the FPV camera angle in the latest version on RealFlight Drone? I'd like to tilt it up a bit
Thanks!

Not sure if this is the same in the drone version, but in RF7.5, you can go into the aircraft editor, turn on the advanced mode and then edit the tilt of the camera.

Some of the quads actually have the tilt feature enabled on the dial control on the interface. You should try that first.

I hope that helps... if not come back and let us know.

There is no editor in RealFlight Drone. What you have is what you get. Can't save AV'S either. Realflight 7.5 can do all these things however the model that the OP is probably trying to modify is the voltage 500 racer, which we don't have in 7.5.

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick reply 12oclockhigh & csgill75! Yup - its the racer. I really hope they release an update. FPV Freerider can do this and it's five bucks. :confused:

With Winter and the high winds I'm really getting into the Quad Sim's until Spring :)

Happy Flying!

Thanks for the quick reply 12oclockhigh & csgill75! Yup - its the racer. I really hope they release an update. FPV Freerider can do this and it's five bucks. :confused:

With Winter and the high winds I'm really getting into the Quad Sim's until Spring :)

Happy Flying!

No way Freerider comes close IMHO, even to rf drone. Upgraded to rf 7.5 now and it's not even a fair contest! Still, for $5, Freerider is a fun sim.

Fix FPV-tilt support!

This is a shame! No support for tilting FPV-camera makes the simulator useless for all FPV-racers! This should be fixed asap!

The camera is more or less pointing down into the ground or sky during pitch..

This is a shame! No support for tilting FPV-camera makes the simulator useless for all FPV-racers! This should be fixed asap!

The camera is more or less pointing down into the ground or sky during pitch..

RealFlight Drone is a basic version of 7.5. Perhaps to basic. A simple version of the editor should be included so this kind of problem can be easily resolved. Perhaps even a quick edit menu like 7.5 has which does just the basics and include the camera angle.

Or just give us 7.5 owners the racing quad. :)

Yes, I've realized the hard way that RealFlight Drone is a heavily crippled version of Real Flight and in its current form I cant recommend any FPV-flyers to buy it.

The product pages doesnt say anything about it being a "basic" version other than it only contain drones. What is does say is "Develop FPV camera and gimbal control skills to find the best angles" which is a marketing lie and a joke when you cant setup the FPV-camera.
I certanly hope they will add this editor to any future update, but until then I'll uninstall this and try to find a real FPV-simulator.

"Develop FPV camera and gimbal control skills to find the best angles" which is a marketing lie and a joke when you cant setup the FPV-camera.

They are not lying. All the octas, hexas and two of the quads has in-flight controllable gimbal angle. They are controlled with the channel 6 rotating knob. The racing quads, however, has the camera mounted directly (no gimbal) and has therefore no control over the angle.

They are not lying. All the octas, hexas and two of the quads has in-flight controllable gimbal angle. They are controlled with the channel 6 rotating knob. The racing quads, however, has the camera mounted directly (no gimbal) and has therefore no control over the angle.

Im not talking about any gimbal mounted cameras, Im talking about the dedicated FPV-camera a FPV-racer would have on his drone. In extension to that camera, you might add an additional camera like a gopro, mobius whatever to record your flights in HD.

Back