Can't get RealFlight Deluxe to work in Windows XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ingramje30

Help! I can't get RealFlight to work in Windows XP. I've installed it but when I attempt to run it I get a few error messages:

Error: One or more of the parameters passed to the function are incorrec. File: L:\kelib\DirectDraw\DXDirectInput.cpp Line 649

Error initializing joystick interface.

Also the controller never shows up in Game Options. I have a USB joystick and racewheel installed, but those are the only choices under Gaming Options. I click Add and there is still no choice for the RealFlight controller.

I've installed Windows XP twice on this system and neither time did the controller appear. It worked under Windows 98 and Windows 2000 even. But with Windows 2000 I never did get the RealFlight controller in Gaming Options, but when I ran it the controller worked anyways. I just had to run calibrate and it was set. In WindowsXP I get no movement from the controls

Might anyone have some ideas about what could be wrong????

Thanks,

Jeff

System Spec:

Dell Dimension 8100 1.3 ghz
256mb of ram
Leadtek Geforce 3 AGP 64MB
1 60 gig Western Digital hard drive.
1 Dell 48x CD-ROM Drive
1 Richo MP9120A CD-RW/DVD drive
Sound Blaster Live MP3
MAG 800V monitor

I forgot to mention that I'm using just a standard controller connected to the gameport.

I forgot to mention that I'm using just a standard controller connected to the gameport. No adapted or anything, just straight connection to the game port.

Thanks,

Jeff

Try this if you haven't before.

1. Uninstall rf and manually delete any files that are not automatically erased. There are several, and ALL MUST BE DELETED, or RF will not reinstall cleanly.

2. There is a document for installing under Win2000 that should be followed for XP also.

3. Search through back posts and see if you can pick up any more info that might be a help.

4. Reinstall DirectX AFTER rf. I've had much more luck doing it this way.

5. Pray...

Don't bother me now, I'm flying RFG2...
Or am I flying the real thing? I can never tell till the landing..

Can't get RealFlight to work under Windows XP.

Well, I found an article on getting it working in Windows 2000, donwloaded the install fix (which I believe fixes a problem I never had), installed it, reinstalled RealFlight (after I had removed it completely from my system through Add/Remove and deleted the directory that was left behind.

Well, after all that I still can't get it to run under Windows XP. I still have the exact same symptoms.

was hoping that someone had a magic wand to make it all go away. Guess not. Oh, well, I guess it's back to Windows 98 for me and RealFlight (sigh............)

Some others are running on XP and have no problems at all.

Others have some that they can get rid of.

Others seem to have no chance to get rid of them.

It must have some to do with the combination of hardware, drivers, and color of paint of the room the computer is installed in.

Sorry I wasn't more help.

Don't bother me now, I'm flying RFG2...
Or am I flying the real thing? I can never tell till the landing...

I have the same problems ... but I can not get it fixed :-( ... would anyone help us P.L.E.A.S.E ............ thanks in advance.

The Famous File:L:\kelib\DirectDraw\DxDirectInput.cpp Error

I too am having the same problem. My Windows XP is up to date with all of the latest fixes, along with all of the drivers for all of my hardware. I even tried reinstalling DirectX9 AFTER install RF Classic/Upgrade. The problem is still there - RF doesn't regognize the joystick. HELP.
Charlie

Windows XP

I am having the same problem. Uninstalled, reinstalled, backstalled, horsestalled.....etc. Can't get it to work in the new XP version. I'm so bummed! Would sure appreciate some product support.

Alright, downloaded the upgrade from the website and and reinstalled again. Works! Just wanted to say thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back