can i use my frsky radio in the realflight simulator

If you use either RF 8 or 9.
Do a search on "Taranis", and you'll find a bunch of information (mostly by me!). I have not tested either a Horus radio or any Frsky radio running FROS. Easiest is to use a USB cable. One recent poster was having issues getting Windows to recognize his Frsky wireless connector. Can't say whether it was just an issue with his setup, or if there is a more general challenge with it.
Because RF aircraft are generally configured to use the "software radio" inside the program, most just set up one very basic model in their transmitter, and then use that with all the RF planes. Otherwise, if you elect not to use the "software radio", one tends to create a new model in the transmitter for each plane in RF. And that can quickly grow into a huge number to maintain....

Shawn,
More details on which frsky radio you are using would be most helpful.

I have used a usb cable --> trainer port before. I am currently using an FRsky X9D+ transmitter with an FrSky XSR-SIM usb RX on my PC and am able to map all 16 channels.

Cheers!
LitterBug

Shawn,
More details on which frsky radio you are using would be most helpful.

I have used a usb cable --> trainer port before. I am currently using an FRsky X9D+ transmitter with an FrSky XSR-SIM usb RX on my PC and am able to map all 16 channels.

Cheers!
LitterBug
I have the same transmitter that you do and same sim USB but my aileron channel also moves my throttle slightly, do you have this problem and know of a way to solve it, I have calibrated the radio in windows AND in realfight as well

I have the same transmitter that you do and same sim USB but my aileron channel also moves my throttle slightly, do you have this problem and know of a way to solve it, I have calibrated the radio in windows AND in realfight as well

I do not have any cross channel problems. Sounds like you have some sort of a mix in your transmitter. I set up a model from scratch so that I would not accidentally copy any settings specific to any of my real planes.

Back