Can someone post a SBS VR video of RF8 in action?

Can someone, official or user, post a side by side VR video of RF8 using a photo field with an on the ground view point? It may make me sick if the user moves but I would like an idea of what VR adds to the sim.

I'm interested in VR these days but not enough to wear that large headset and put up with lower resolution images and spend 400 to 500 bucks to do it. So thanks for the link it was nice to hear the guy being honest and talking about the lower resolution. I tried VR once at BestBuy a long time ago and remember thinking the resolution wasn't that good so recently I went back to try it out again and of course it was broken and I couldn't test it. Anyway thanks for the link I'll stay with a monitor for now and save my money for the new NVIDIA Volta cards when they ship.

Samsung has a setup with better resolution, better screens all the way around. It's also cheaper. It's said that it should work with the current VR protocol that occlus and vive uses.

Samsung has a setup with better resolution, better screens all the way around. It's also cheaper. It's said that it should work with the current VR protocol that occlus and vive uses.

Yes I've seen the info on the Samsung and where KE mentioned it might work since it used the standard API instead of the custom API. So I'll watch for info on that for sure. Much better resolution and lower cost would be the key for me to do it. I just can't see me using it much since the headset is so large. But I do remember thinking it looked cool when I tried it the first time. I'll check back at BestBuy and see if they fixed there VR setup and try it again if they have.

This is a quick spec of the new Samsung VR Headset,

Samsung HMD Odyssey $499
Resolution: 2880 x 1600
Display: AMOLED
Refresh rate: Up to 90Hz
Field of view: Up to 110°
Integrated headphones, Dual array mics

500 bucks, is cheaper than the Vive but 100 bucks more than the Rift. The resolution is better though and AMOLED displays are just better. I am probably going to spring for a set for my Birthday in February :D.

This is a quick spec of the new Samsung VR Headset,

Samsung HMD Odyssey $499
Resolution: 2880 x 1600
Display: AMOLED
Refresh rate: Up to 90Hz
Field of view: Up to 110°
Integrated headphones, Dual array mics

500 bucks, is cheaper than the Vive but 100 bucks more than the Rift. The resolution is better though and AMOLED displays are just better. I am probably going to spring for a set for my Birthday in February :D.

My understanding is that the Windows "Mixed Reality" devices, of which this Samsung headset is one, will ultimately work with Steam VR, but not the Oculus infrastructure. I'm hoping I'm misinformed.

I've got an Oculus and came close to ordering the Samsung last week... I think I'll let it evolve a few months first.

-j

I am talking about a video that can be played in a google cardboard app. It can't be a direct capture of a VR screen. It needs to be a fisheye 180degree left, right and up, down.
Something like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2yvWDj5JLo

I am sure they can hack it to output a 180 degree view and do some post processing to get the right deformation for VR viewers. Maybe there is already the option to output aa 180FOV. If someone could take that and process it for a VR viewer that would work.

Back