can you use files from swap files for g4.5 in rf6

10inja

so, can I get a file from g4.5 and use in rf6? I downloaded one CDT Trex 500 ESP that is said to be used with G4.5, what happens if I import it into RealFlight 6? do I have to modify it (which I don't know how as of yet)? or would it just act different? would it break rf6?

No it wouldnt break it. you would have to modify it a little though.

jeffpn or Maj numbscully or those guys can help more :)

Should have read: "or those guys can't help more" :D

For any of the older Swap models:
Doesn't hurt to try right?
If there is something that ain't working like you think it should, bring it up,
no need to start modifying something blindly if you don't know what you're trying to fix.

thanks for the info... jeffpn has always been a good help :)

now, I can't even import this heli. I tried simulation-> import-> rf archive as well as KEX, but unlike G4.5, it isn't letting me
when I choose rf archive, it's like non of the files are the one it's looking for, so it doesn't find anything under that directory (where all the files are extracted).

what am I missing

10inja said:
so it doesn't find anything under that directory (where all the files are extracted).

what am I missing

You never, ever, ever extract them ;) procedure is the same as the old RF version...
When you click the yellow ? mark at the download location you'll get additional help...
https://forums.realflight.com/importexporthelp/importhelp.php

Whether you save it as a .zip or .rfx, it will find it as long as you follow the standard import procedure.

10inja said:
I tried simulation-> import-> rf archive as well as KEX,
Never use the .kex option if you are not creating content. You will be missing alot of files, and then you'll be upset that the plane doesn't fly right or look right.

Don't click on the green download arrow. Click the filename instead. That page will show you if any files are required for the file you want. AV files are physics only, and require a model that you may not have. Same with colorscheme (CS) files.

Ooops, see it was all me . I somehow assumed its a zipped file and ....
Ok I will try with the original file later on tonight

10inja said:
Ooops, see it was all me . I somehow assumed its a zipped file and ....
Ok I will try with the original file later on tonight

This is a key issue I have with Internet Explorer. It automatically wants to save the file as .zip instead of .rfx. Previous versions of IE didn't do this to me, but it does all the time now. If you change the drop down from .zip to "all file types" and manually change .zip to .rfx when you use "save as" you won't need to change it later on.

You don't need to change the .zip extension to .rfx or g3x. RF will import the .zip files with no issue. I used to make a habit of changing file extensions to the original, but now when I download, I usually don't bother. I leave them as IE renames them. Other browsers don't change extensions when you download.

nice, got it imported with no problem.
yes, it was a zip file that got downloaded (i.e. must've renamed it)

the heli seems to fly the same as in G4.5 for the stuff that I do (hover and ... hover and maybe some forward flight).
this is actually good news, as I now can try more swap files from older versions.

thanks again for the help

If I try to install an expansian pack to RF 6, will it work?
If so, what are some problems I may encounter?

Back